What's new

Best Shaving Creams for Winter

OK, please educate me because to my knowledge you want to use a "system". I'm Newb so follow my logic here: Pre Shave has a scent..then you follow up with a shave cream which also has a scent, alum block and post shave which has a scent. So....if you use Proraso Green, you have the SAME SCENT throughout the process. If you're mixing and matching, don't you get a Goop Melange (for everyone who remembers the Odd Couple Jack Klugman's receipe) of scents emanating from your face.
See, to me if Proraso had a Red and Blue Pre/Post them I'd go with Red and Blue as a system.....the Green obviously having the scent in Pre/Post already. Does this make sense to anyone? Or am I just too linear in my thinking?????

I like moisturizing creams like Kiss My Face, La Toja, Proraso Red, and any kind of warming or wood kind of scents: sandalwood, or even bay rum. Winter is citrus season for produce, so I like citrus scents like lime or lemon or orange in winter also. Musgo Real orange amber is a great winter scent. And Portuguese creams tend to have lanolin which is great for winter. i have a tube of Lavanda in rotation also.

For soaps, I like Pre De Provence 63, La Toja, and Speick year round.

The winter scents that I own are...

Creams:

• Acca Kappa 1869 Almond Shaving Cream
  • Taylor of Old Bond Street - Cedarwood
  • Taylor of Old Bond Street - Mr. Taylors
  • Taylor of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood
  • Truefitt & Hill - Apsley
  • Truefitt & Hill - Grafton
Soaps:
  • Crabtree & Evelyn - Sienna Shaving Soap
  • Taylor of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood Herbal Shaving Soap
I just had to add the two soaps, cause they're awesome

Last edited:
I’m a big fan of anything sandalwood for winter so these are the creams I’ll be using this winter.

TOBS Sandalwood
AoS Sandalwood
Proraso Red (and Blue)
Musgo Real Classic and Oak Moss
TOBS Almond

I am more of a soap guy, but the creams I like in winter are:
AOS Oud
AOS Sandalwood
Trumpers Eucris
CF Cedarwood and Sandalwood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winter Winners...
Wm Neumann & Company Old Fashioned Soda
T&H 1805
AOS Peppermint...Great scent but meh performance imo..others here love it though..

I like Speick, La Toja, and Musgo Real year round. Like others here though I find myself using Proraso Red and Blue more specifically in the winter.

Top Bottom