What's new

Best Shaving Creams for Winter

Old Spice, lovely spicy warm and wintery.

But then again, I'll use that all year round :)

Last edited:
cella is good in the winter. Cold water rinses are the best in the winter. If you use Proraso and cold water rinse you are in for a great feeling.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Because, contrary to what some around here will tell you, just like there are specific seasons for sports, there are specific seasons for certains creams and colognes that make sense. You wouldn't go watch a Baseball game in the middle of February, would you? Likewise, you wouldn't want to use a cream that is going to project a scent from you of citrus or limes or ocean breeze in the middle of the winter. And you wouldn't want to smell woodsy in the middle of July. To each his own though, I suppose.

Creams don't really project a scent - at least not the ones I've tried. I remember using a CF Lime sample and thinking it was a wonderful scent. Since SWMBO likes lime I offered her my freshly shaven cheek for a sniff. She informed me it smelled like soap.

I use cologne almost every day and do have summer and winter colognes - but I don't have summer and winter creams. Having a general disgust for the smell of eucalyptus no doubt limits me in this area.

Creams don't really project a scent - at least not the ones I've tried. I remember using a CF Lime sample and thinking it was a wonderful scent. Since SWMBO likes lime I offered her my freshly shaven cheek for a sniff. She informed me it smelled like soap.

I use cologne almost every day and do have summer and winter colognes - but I don't have summer and winter creams. Having a general disgust for the smell of eucalyptus no doubt limits me in this area.

Try TOBS Sandalwood Shave Cream. If you shave at 6:00 in the morning with it, you'll still be smelling like Sandalwood when you and SWMBO are still out having drinks with friends at 11:00 that night.

Old Spice, lovely spicy warm and wintery.

But then again, I'll use that all year round :)

You, sir, have nailed it in one. For me, there's no reason to NOT use Old Spice year-round. During the winter it is especially important to moisturize, as those wicked winter winds sap the moisture right out of your face. To me, that's more of a reason to use tallow during the winter and follow up with a quality balm.

FYI, I just squeezed two tubes of Old Spice Original (ha, as though there's any other kind, amiright?) into a standard plastic screw-top tub, and let it sit out open for a week and a half. Now, I have a soft soap of Old Spice Original. :sorcerer: I wish I could take credit for this stroke of genius, but I found the idea in another thread.

Last edited:
Try TOBS Sandalwood Shave Cream. If you shave at 6:00 in the morning with it, you'll still be smelling like Sandalwood when you and SWMBO are still out having drinks with friends at 11:00 that night.

I hope your SWMNBO likes that scent, then. Of course after a few drinks she may be "ravenous" enough for a certain body part that scent doesn't matter.
:w00t:
:w00t:

best creams
tobs sandalwood
tobs coconut
well soft soap cella crema da barba all'olio di mandorla
i know its not a cream but mwf as someone has said

I have not found that to be the case. I shaved with that today and according to those around me (worked in fairly close quarters with a couple women this morning) there was no scent detectable other than a mild soap scent. Maybe my skin doesn't hold the scent well?

As for the original topic:
TOBS Sandalwood
Proraso Red
C&F Cedarwood and Sandalwood
Bay Rum scented creams (in general, no one brand stands out in my mind)

Basically any woodsy or spicy scent.

TOBS Jermyn Street is great for winter. Actually it's great all the time. Fantastic scent and easy to build a lather, and it draws compliments. Can't ask for more.

If you use Proraso and cold water rinse you are in for a great feeling.

I wholeheartedly agree. About once a week I shave with Proraso Green so I can get that arctic blast when I step outside. Feels quite manly.

I like Jack Black Supreme Creme and Every Man Jack cream most of the time during the winter. EMJ cream is the most moisturizing out of any product I've ever used for shaving.

Proraso red
Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood
D R Harris Marlborough

and Cella as a soft soap/hard cream.

Top Bottom