What's new

Best Shaving Creams for Winter

Gents,

Please share which creams do you prefer to use for the winter?

My favorites for the cold months are:

Acca Kappa 1869 (tub)
Castle Forbes Lavender
Nancy Boy Signature
Queen Charlotte Basilica

For colder months I Like

Omega Cream
TOBS Avocado
Vulfix Sandalwood
and Tom's of Maine Peppermint (I know it's no more I snagged three tubes with Health Nuts when I heard and am working through #2)

Gents,

My favorites for the cold months are:

Castle Forbes Lavender

What makes Lavender a good scent for winter? This is an honest question, so please be gentle!

What makes Lavender a good scent for winter? This is an honest question, so please be gentle!
It is a nice and soul warming scent :thumbup:
But scent is not my main criteria the moisturizing property of the CF cream is outstanding that is why it is on my list

I received MWF for Xmas a few years back so I now I just associate it with winter. I also love QCS celestial woods in the winter. Any woodsy-earthy scent is def proper for the winter IMHO.

I've been switching back and forth between Proraso Red and La Toja Classic. For me, anything without menthol would qualify as a winter cream. I'd imagine Musgo Real and Euro Palmolive Classic would be good, too.

Gents,

TOBS Mr. Taylor
T & H Grafton

This is truly a fine list, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't be a fine list for the summer.

Because, contrary to what some around here will tell you, just like there are specific seasons for sports, there are specific seasons for certains creams and colognes that make sense. You wouldn't go watch a Baseball game in the middle of February, would you? Likewise, you wouldn't want to use a cream that is going to project a scent from you of citrus or limes or ocean breeze in the middle of the winter. And you wouldn't want to smell woodsy in the middle of July. To each his own though, I suppose.

C&E Nomad
Figaro
Barbon
All woodsy smelling stuff. Granted, I also shave with all three year round, but I don't crack open the QCS Vostok until it gets warmer outside.

+1 to anything without menthol for the winter. I got some Vostok for christmas, and it felt amazing as long as I didn't go outside until the menthol wore off (it lasts for close to 20 minutes). TOBS Jermyn or St. James are kinda all-year scents, I guess.

Last edited:
Can you give a little mini review of the Cordovan? I was thinking of getting a custom batch made up.

Scent-wise it was exactly like the Cordovan shoe polish I used on my Father's Work-boots when I was a boy, totally bought back happy memories. Like other QCS croaps the lather is moisturizing.

Top Bottom