What's new

BEST lime?

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile

Both of these are absolutely outstanding. Nothing else holds a candle to them, except for Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Limes EDT, but that’s discontinued.
I am sure they are lovely, but the reason for one of my questions was that a transition to clove and nutmeg is not appealing to me. However, thanks for sharing.

I am sure they are lovely, but the reason for one of my questions was that a transition to clove and nutmeg is not appealing to me. However, thanks for sharing.

There isn’t any clove and nutmeg in the Imperial Lime.

Both scents are very strong in the lime department to my nose.

Spiced Limes is spicey, to be sure, but the lime dominates. I’m sure the cloves and nutmeg are there, but I definitely don’t detect them as such-they are just part of a spiciness, which complements the sweet lime in a very good way.

Imperial Limes is tart and astringent, and to my nose it’s practically straight lime.

You cannot go wrong with Imperial Lime. It’s certainly my favorite of the two.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
As intriguing as the Imperial Lime may be, I do not like spray. I like the rush of the splash. So if I do decide to get a lime cologne it will be St. John's. But hopefully someone who likes spray and is in it for the long lasting scent will give Imperial Lime a try!

As intriguing as the Imperial Lime may be, I do not like spray. I like the rush of the splash. So if I do decide to get a lime cologne it will be St. John's. But hopefully someone who likes spray and is in it for the long lasting scent will give Imperial Lime a try!

I have dealt with them several times, and they are very accommodating. I once received several bottles, which had the aftershave flow restrictors on them. In my next order they included several spray atomizers, so I could replace them.

They do have flow restrictor (splash) tops for the aftershaves that they offer.

You can also email them for a shipping quote and they can then send you a Pay Pal invoice for your order. In my experience, this has saved on shipping costs vs. simply going through the checkout process on their site.

So, I tried “AlBundy’s” recommendation for a “lime” scent, and purchased the “TOBS” Victoria lime EDT, and while it is a nice scent, unfortunately, it still does not have the staying power I’m seeking. 🙁

After trying, and LOVING Spearhead’s “Sea Spice Lime,I decided to spring for the EDT.

Hopefully, it’ll match the soap’s wonderful scent.

So, any other ideas, fellas?

thx! 💈😉

I second St Johns West Indian Lime Cologne. A pure lime scent with some vetiver. The vetiver holds the lime and keeps the scent projecting for several hours.

This sounds similar to Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Limes, which is no longer produced. In my opinion, it was one of their best fragrances. They always seemed to discontinue my favorite products and keep the ones I didn’t care for. Compared to the company they once were, they are now unrecognizable.

In fact, when C&E discontinued their WIL bath soap (the last available iteration of that scent) I stocked up on some St. Johns WIL bath soap when it was on sale. The scent of that soap is very nice, to be sure, but I much prefer the scent of Anglia’s Imperial Lime.

Last edited:
Seaforth Spiced lime is incredible. It’s tied for my favorite summer soap which is Noble Otter Orbit.
Ah, brother, check my previous posts elsewhere - maybe you and I should form the “Seaforth’s Sea Spice Lime” admiration club?! 😆😍

Unfortunately, like summer, the scent is gone way too SOON. 🙁😢

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Checking back in. At least on my face the St. John's West Indian Lime cologne is lasting, albeit subtly, pretty much all day. I splash it on as an aftershave. The bracing tingle lasts a good while, too.

Checking back in. At least on my face the St. John's West Indian Lime cologne is lasting, albeit subtly, pretty much all day. I splash it on as an aftershave. The bracing tingle lasts a good while, too.
Did my due diligence, checked it out.

I’ve seen this brand before.

For some reason, I had always assumed it was a BARGAIN basement fragrance (maybe cuz of the packaging?)

Went on their website, it’s certainly NOT. 😳

So, you say the COLOGNE is LONG lasting, cuz they have it in a splash as well. 🤔

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Did my due diligence, checked it out.

I’ve seen this brand before.

For some reason, I had always assumed it was a BARGAIN basement fragrance (maybe cuz of the packaging?)

Went on their website, it’s certainly NOT. 😳

So, you say the COLOGNE is LONG lasting, cuz they have it in a splash as well. 🤔
It is a splash, as opposed to spray, cologne. They also offer an aftershave. I tend to prefer using a cologne splash as my aftershave. I do not find the straw wrapper to be the sort of wrapping I would associate with a bargain basement cologne, but I might think that if it were made of plastic.

Top Bottom