What's new

BEST lime?

LOVE lime, esp. for the summer.

Unfortunately, my experience has been that the scent wanes rather quickly. 🙁

Case in point - T&H’s version.

GREAT scent, but negligible after about an hour.

Same with GFT’s version.

Anyone have any recommendations, esp. for longer lasting lime scents?

Thx, gents! 💈

Yes, lime by nature is a fleeting scent sadly.

It’s mixed in with some other stuff but I get some limey-ness out of Pinaud Citrus Musk...really great scent, refreshing, and lasts a number of hours on my skin (not a lot of long projection though).

Stirling’s Black Pepper and Lime is another good one...though not sure if there’s an EDT version.

Citruses, including lime, are a common top note in fragrances, giving way, in short order, to the mid notes. if you are getting an hour of lime, that's great.

Eau de Gaga, by Lady Gaga, is a unisexual scent--one leaning masculine to my nose--with a great lime opening.

Floris Limes lasts a long time, but has notes other than pure lime on the dry down. Great summer scent that you certainly won’t smell on others

T&H West Indian Limes is gorgeous but sadly yes it does fade quite quickly.

Just round the corner though you can find TOBS No. 74 Victorian Lime which I find has pretty good staying power.

T&H West Indian Limes is gorgeous but sadly yes it does fade quite quickly.

Just round the corner though you can find TOBS No. 74 Victorian Lime which I find has pretty good staying power.
Def. got to look into that.

Been using TOBS for the longest.

I think their aftershave balms, esp. their sandalwood, is as good as it gets.

Don’t think I’ve ever used their fragrances, though.

Thanks for the tip! 👍🏼

I could suggest two, which are off-the-charts good, but you must order them from overseas. If people knew first hand how good they were, they would order them in a heartbeat. The last time I suggested them in another thread, no one came back to say how good they were.

In my opinion, none of the other scents in this thread even begins to compare to them, and unlike all of the others mentioned in this thread, they do actually last.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I could suggest two, which are off-the-charts good, but you must order them from overseas. If people knew first hand how good they were, they would order them in a heartbeat. The last time I suggested them in another thread, no one came back to say how good they were.

In my opinion, none of the other scents in this thread even begins to compare to them, and unlike all of the others mentioned in this thread, they do actually last.
Given that so much commerce occurs over the internet, is there something about ordering them that would be especially difficult? Are they extremely expensive? Are they true lime fragrances or more complex fragrances with prominent lime notes? Why the reticence to share again?

Last edited:

Well, man, that’s CRYPTIC. 😳

It’s not like you’re giving up “state secrets,” bro. 🙄😆

Spearhead Seaforth Sea Spice Lime is a great lime scent and they also have an edt.
Captains lime is very nice also
Way ahead of you, bro! 😉

Just placed an order for a sample of “Captains” and a tub of “Seaforth” (Maggard’s didn’t have a sample of their lime soap available for sale 🙁)

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Given that so much commerce occurs over the internet, is there something about ordering them that would be especially difficult? Are they extremely expensive? Are they true lime fragrances or more complex fragrances with prominent lime notes? Why the reticence to share again?

Just trying to spark some anticipation!

Top Bottom