What's new

Best Blades For Your Money?

I was wondering which blades offer the best shave, for the best value. Since this is a very subjective question, please give your best "opinion".
Sure, there are some very inexpensive blades, but do they offer a good shave? My criteria is at least three smooth sharp shaves.
Then, there are some expensive blades, costing 4x the cost of others. But, do they offer 4x the number of smooth shaves?

My three choices are:
1. Voskhod- $7.83 per 100, delivered. They combined shipping for that total.
2. Astra SP- $9.97 per 100, delivered.
3. Persona Blues, comfort coated one's. Around $13 per 100, delivered.
Prices are subject to change. This is what I paid.

My opinion could change, if Feather blades ever come down in price.

Last edited:
So far these are the 3 that I can justify the expense on because they are an absurd value based on others I have tried.

Voskhod
Crystal
Astra

As far as the pick for the best value priced de blade goes my preference if I want 100 blades in the $10 to $14 dollar range is the Astra SP.
I don't consider these any less of a blade than my other favorites like Feather, Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow, PolSilver Super Iridium, PermaSharp, Gillette 7 O'Clock Black, and Gillette Silver Blues.

If I want something dirt cheap that I still find very enjoyable then I like the Racer blades that can be found for as little as $5 for 100 but with the shipping they will run the price closer to $10. They hold their own quite well with all of the other blades that I use and enjoy. The Racer blades I find very sharp and they have the longevity to give me a good 4 to 5 quality shaves per blade. I'm not sure how they are for everyone else but they work great in my ATT razor.

I've found a lot of low cost (dirt cheap) blades like Treet that give me one really great shave and then the sharpness falls off a cliff, this makes them no longer low cost if you're only getting one great shave per blade. The majority of really low cost blades are just bad from the start and stay that way. There are some exceptions in the inexpensive blades that give you sharpness and longevity but most aren't going to pleasantly surprise you.

You do have to find what blade works best for you in your particular razor though.

You described mine too......

I would throw in the India Black O'Clocks too.

Not a bargain priced blade but one everyone should try

Astra SP's are great but nothing touches Voskhod.

Not only the best value for the money, I consider them better than Feather. Extremely sharp and silky smooth. BBS is easy and 5 O'Oclock shadow doesnt even happen.

Very similar for me. Astra SP, GSB, Personna "Labs" are my go-to, buy-in-bulk blades and I'm thinking 100 Voskhods are needed.

Question for the OP... $7.95 for Astra and Voskhod!!! Where?

Very similar for me. Astra SP, GSB, Personna "Labs" are my go-to, buy-in-bulk blades and I'm thinking 100 Voskhods are needed.

Question for the OP... $7.95 for Astra and Voskhod!!! Where?

Prices went up.
The Voskhod were $5 +$5 shipping per 100. I ordered 300 and they reduced shipping, for a total of around $23.50 . Sorry math was off. I will correct.

I went back, on past purchases. $9.97 free shipping on Astra. Memory is slipping.

Last edited:
Oh, ebay for everything, except the Feathers. Those were bought last spring. If the seller wants shipping, and you want more than 100, just ask to combine shipping.

I personally love Feathers. And I get them pretty damn cheap. I get 100 for $18' so .18 cents each (or there abouts). You can get Astra SPs for about .09-.10 cents each, which seems to be the average for most blades. So Feathers aren't too much more. My next buy will be Rapira Platinum Lux though.

Where do you get Feathers for that price? Please share.

Top Bottom