What's new

Where do most of you buy your blades?

RBC can’t be best. Only downside is 2-3 week delivery time.
Meant to say Razor Blades Club can't be beat.

(RBC sounds too much like Royal Bank of Canada. :))

Also, I typically order 100 of my favorite blade (Bic Chrome Platinum) which gets me free shipping.

Meant to say Razor Blades Club can't be beat.

(RBC sounds too much like Royal Bank of Canada. :))

Also, I typically order 100 of my favorite blade (Bic Chrome Platinum) which gets me free shipping.

I recently tried some of these from a sampler pack I received. I liked them alot. I'm contemplating ordering a 100 pack as well. Have you by chance tried the Astors for comparison?

I recently tried some of these from a sampler pack I received. I liked them alot. I'm contemplating ordering a 100 pack as well. Have you by chance tried the Astors for comparison?
Yes, I did not like them at all.

I buy all shave related stuff from shave stores. Italian barber being my first choice if I have enough for free shipping. I don't like Amazon. After getting a counterfeit item from them (non shave related) - I'm no longer interested in how they do business.

Guilty. I’ve used Amazon based on ease of use 😢

I also went a step further and bought 100 personna Durham duplex blades at Walmart. 😭

I did get a few Gem blades from PAA

I buy all shave related stuff from shave stores. Italian barber being my first choice if I have enough for free shipping. I don't like Amazon. After getting a counterfeit item from them (non shave related) - I'm no longer interested in how they do business.

Exactly why I'm hesitant to buy things from them. I've received questionable items in the past as well. That said, I may order some Bic CP's from there as Bic has a "store" on Amazon, so those should be legit.

I used connaught for GSB. However, ì see a local store sells wilkinson sword which are excellent so will use this small shop.

I bought my razors directly from Henson. Everything else I buy from The Razor Company, Razor Blade Club (for blades) and Razor Emporium. The choice at any given time often depends on what I’m buying and who has it in stock. All 3 are great vendors.

With the exception of a variety pack thrown in to a Connaught Shaving order to hit the shipping minimum all my blades have come from Amazon. Two of my three razors (Weishi and King C. Gillette) also came from there. Some of the best sale prices at the time of purchase(e.g. around$12 for a King C. Gillette or 200 blade Blue Box of Derby blades for $8-9, 100 Dorco ST300s for under $6).

Almost none of my soaps (one three puck pack of Williams for around $5 four + years ago before I found it at my local supermarket) and brushes from Amazon. Much better quality/value offerings from other on-line retailers for those items.

Mainly from eBay, Amazon, and blade.net.au (formerly vshod.com, an Australian company).

Some from AliExpress, Razor Blade Club, shavingmarket.com.au.

Plus a few small buys. (e.g. 100 Nacets coz they were on sale when I ordered some razor stuff from Italian Barber.)

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Maggard, Pasteur, and West Coast have all been fine. As I settle in with my one blade, I'll pick from those three one that has 100 or 120 Lab Blues at a reasonable price. I'll likely also check to see they offer MdC original, preferably in a brain bowl, that being my only other consumable. That way I can consolidate the process every year or two.

Top Bottom