What's new

best blade & razor pairing 👍🏼

20220908_194518.jpg
4th and last use of the 3rd Blue Sword Platinum blade with the black/chrome DLC Yaqi razor,an ok 9.6 shave tonight,dropped a couple of points because of a couple of nicks,1 below nose and 1 below bottom lip,but an ok shave nonetheless👍
20220908_195524.jpg
start as always with the PAA Ice Cube,bowl...blue ceramic from the Captain,brush...Vie-long horse hair,soap...Executive Shaving,finished with a rub of Osma Alum,Barts Balm Ben Lomond and a few splashes of A&E SoCal Hipster,until next time happy shaves all🪒👍

20220912_130151.jpg
1st use of 1st Personna Apache blade with the Omega barberpole razor,a nice 9.9 3 pass shave usual wtg,xtg & atg,with a little touch up as always on right side of neck👍
20220912_125952.jpg
bit of a barbershop theme going on today, as always started with the PAA Ice Cube, bowl...Captains Heavyweight copper, brush..Yaqi barberpole in 2 band badger, soap.. A&E Pedro Fiasco Barbershop, finished with a rub of the Osma Alum, a few squirts of the Barts Balm Ben Lomond and some Stirling Barbershop edt, until next time, happy shaves all🪒👍

After years of paying about zero attention to certain blades with certain razors, this place has me thinking about the issue. I noticed a significant difference with a Voskhod blade (first time with these) where its first use was in my 195 set on 5, finished on 3. Today, so the blade's second shave, was in my '61 Ball End Tech and I noticed it didn't seem to cut nearly as well. It was smooth enough but the shave took longer to reach BBS. I usually use Feathers in my Techs and AS-D2 but have used other blades as well. I guess I'll have to start paying a little more attention because, for years, I've hardly noticed a difference with most blades except for Feathers (my personal favorites).

After years of paying about zero attention to certain blades with certain razors, this place has me thinking about the issue. I noticed a significant difference with a Voskhod blade (first time with these) where its first use was in my 195 set on 5, finished on 3. Today, so the blade's second shave, was in my '61 Ball End Tech and I noticed it didn't seem to cut nearly as well. It was smooth enough but the shave took longer to reach BBS. I usually use Feathers in my Techs and AS-D2 but have used other blades as well. I guess I'll have to start paying a little more attention because, for years, I've hardly noticed a difference with most blades except for Feathers (my personal favorites).
Strange but some blades are great in particular razors,and then really poor in others🤔

20220915_143210.jpg
2nd use of 1st Personna Apache blade with the stubby Barbarossa brothers razor,another great 9.8 shave today,wtg,xtg & atg,with my usual little right side of neck touchup,nice blades these Apaches🤗
20220915_143123.jpg
start...PAA Ice Cube, bowl...Zenith, soap...TOBS Royal Forest, brush...Oumo Lotus Manchuria, finished with a rub of Osma Alum a few squirts of Barts Balm Ben Lomond and finished off with my favourite scent Paco Rabanne edt,until next time happy shaves all🪒👍

20220917_223705.jpg
3rd use of 1st Personna Apache blade, the Windrose handle with the DS Cosmetic X2 open comb head,just quite a quick 3 pass tonight as im away in the morning for a dinner meet with my car group and a night in a b&b(up early in the morning)still a 9.8 though wtg,xtg & atg👍
20220917_220040.jpg
usual start with the PAA Ice Cube,bowl...grey/white Fine,soap...Kent,brush...DS Cosmetic Silvertip,finished with the Osma Alum,Barts Balm Ben Lomond and a splash of an A&E Big Top sample(its lovely),until next time happy shaves all🪒👍

20220928_123550.jpg
4th use of 1st Apache Personna blade with the King C Gillette razor,a nice 9.8 shave,took a bit more time today than what i normally do(no reason,just thought i'd go really slow today),3 passes as always wtg,xtg & atg,with my normal little touch up at right side of neck,where the whiskers grow in a different direction,i can always get a bbs smooth shave all over except on this part of neck,which still always feels sandpaperish🙄oh well!,was still an enjoyable shave😁
20220928_123506.jpg
start,as always...PAA Ice Cube, soap...Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber, brush...Large 30mm Yaqi synthetic, bowl...Fox Rosalita(Latvia),then finished with a little rub of the Osma Alum(feels soothing),some Bart Balm Ben Lomond(i leave it for a few minutes to penetrate the skin)then a little splash of the Pinnacle Grooming I Love Gaultier, until next time happy shaves all🪒👍

20221005_122354.jpg
5th use of 1st Apache Personna blade with the black/chrome DLC Yaqi razor, a lovely 9.8 shave today, as usual 3 passes,wtg,xtg & atg, with my usual little touch up on right side of neck
20221005_122329.jpg
start PAA Ice Cube, bowl...Yaqi marble ceramic, cream...Simpsons Lime, brush...DS Cosmetic handle with white horse hair knot, finished with a little rub of Osma Alum, a few squirts of Barts Balm Ben Lomond and finished with a few squirts of Acqua Di Parma Colonia, until next time happy shaves all🪒👍

20221015_145859.jpg
6th and final use of the 1st Personna Apache blade,this time with the Timeless razor with the scalloped head and 0.95 baseplate,a nice 9.6 usual 3 passes wtg,xtg & atg,and my usual little right side of chin/neck touchup👍
20221015_145820.jpg
start as always with the PAA Cube, cream...Tabula Rasa Patchouli, scuttle...large Steve Woodhead Pottery, brush...striped red/yellow handmade by Sawdust Creation Studios with the SHD Manchuria knot, finished with a rub of Osma Alum a few squirts of Barts Balm Ben Lomond,then the Executive Shaving Munro scent to finish,until next time happy shaves all🪒👍

20221024_133820.jpg
1st use of the Ralf Aust straight razor today, for first 3 or 4 minutes i was very wary and slow, felt a little awkward tbh, then i changed the shaving angle slightly, what a difference, became much easier and enjoyable, after around 7 minutes or so, i was shaving like a pro😁, had a couple of little nicks around my chin/under lip area, but i dont think it actually had anything to do with the technique, as i seem to get occasional nicks there with the safety razors too, i actually have a little rough/bumpy skin on the spot where i get the nicks, probably rate it a 9.5 for my first time, although i don't intend using straights every shave, i'll perhaps use it every few shaves, 1 pass wtg and another pass atg on my neck area, all in all i enjoyed using the straight razor for first time👍
20221024_133724.jpg
start, PAA Ice Cube, bowl...grey/white Fine Accuoutrements, brush...AKA Brushworx with the Maseto Silvertip knot, cream...St James of London Cedarwood & Clarysage, finished as usual with a rub of Osma Alum, a few squirts of Barts Balm Ben Lomond, left for a few mins for balm to dry in then a few squirts of the Barbour For Him edt, until next time happy shaves all🪒🤗

20221103_123517.jpg
1st use of 2nd Apache Personna blade with the red/chrome DLC Yaqi razor,usual 3 passes wtg xtg & atg,a nice 9.8 shave today👍
20221103_123332.jpg
start as always with PAA Ice cube,scuttle...by Steve Woodhead,soap...Stirling Barbershop,brush...Wild West Brushworks with the Finest badger knot,finished as usual with a rub of Osma Alum,a few squirts of Barts Balm Ben Lomond,and then a splash of A&E The Big Top scent,until next time happy shaves all🪒👍

20221109_112326.jpg
2nd use of 2nd Apache Personna blade with the blue/chrome DLC Yaqi razor,nice smooth 9.8 shave today,as always wtg,xtg & atg👍
20221109_112243.jpg
start as usual with the PAA Ice Cube, cream...Simpsons Sandlewood, bowl...Giles Shaving, brush...Omega boar, finished with a rub of Osma Alum, a few squirts of Barts Balm Ben Lomond, then allow the Barts Balm to dry a bit then a few squirts of Acqua Di Parma scent, until next time happy shaves all🪒👍

20221117_145757.jpg
used the restored Dorko razor today,a nice 9.8 shave today wtg & a little touch atg on neck area,noticed 2 or 3 little scrapes on face(under nose) afterwards looks like little cuts but there was no blood shed,enjoyable but as only 2nd use of a straight razor still will take a few uses to get used to it i think🤔
20221117_145457.jpg
PAA Ice Cube to start,bowl...Fox Rosalita Latvia,soap...Mogno,brush...DS Cosmetic in "best",finished with the Osma Alum(a bit of nipping on face),Barts Balm Ben Lomond,then a splash of the TOBS Sandalwood,till next time happy shaves all🪒👍

20221123_164444.jpg
3rd use of 2nd Apache Personna blade,with the orange Yaqi razor,a nice 9.8 3 pass shave wtg,xtg and atg
20221123_164410.jpg
start as usual with the PAA Ice Cube, soap...Stirling Ozark Mountain, brush...DS Cosmetic chequered flag mixed boar & horse, bowl...the Captains heavyweight copper, finished with a rub of Osma Alum a few squirts of Barts Balm Ben Lomond and a few squirts of the Executive Shaving Munro EDP, the Ozark Mountain soap is a wonderful soap,but not quite sure of the pine scent though,reminds me a little of a pine disinfectant,it maybe grow on me though🤔,until next time happy shaves all🪒😉

20221202_213432.jpg
4th use of 2nd Apache Personna blade with the Jag shaving razor, a decent 9.5,a little bloody nick on my cheek close to my left ear,i dont often get bloody nicks,i think i must have been hurrying a little to get it done(have a friends funeral in the morning)but had to use the styptic for 1st time in a while,but a decent shave nonetheless,(3 pass wtg,xtg & atg) 👍
20221202_213348.jpg
start as usual with the PAA Ice Cube, bowl...Zenith, brush...Stirling in HMW, soap...Zingari Man the Master, finished with a touch of styptic, the Osma Alum, Barts Balm Ben Lomond and a splash of A&E The Big Top, until next time happy shaves all🪒👍

20221216_142150.jpg
5th use of 2nd Personna Apache blade with the Executive Shaving Outlaw razor with the 0.72 head,a nice 9.8 3 pass shave today,wtg,xtg & atg,had a little growth to come off today as not shaved since Dec 2nd,having a little time of work,so been completely chilling🤪,always enjoy shaving more when i have a good bit of growth,makes me feel very fresh & clean😁
20221216_150012.jpg
start with PAA Ice Cube(almost time to open a new cube,just a small dice sized piece of this one left)soap...PAA Good Vibrations,brush...Sawdust Creations handle,with the Oumo knot in "best",scuttle...Steve Woodhead Pottery(mega),then finished with a rub of the Osma Alum,Barts Balm Ben Lomond and a splash of a free sample of Razorock Tuscan Oud,feel nice and fresh🤗,so until next time happy shaves all and have a great Christmas when it comes🎅🎁🪒👍

20230105_220105.jpg
the Ralf Aust straight tonight, first shave since Dec 16th so quite a bit of growth,1 pass wtg and 1 atg, with a little touch up on any spots i thought needed it, i am in no way whatsoever experienced with a straight as this is perhaps only my 3rd or 4th time using a straight, but i find i give myself less nicks with the straight than i sometimes do with a SR, perhaps its the fact im going slower and more careful with the straight, although i have to admit afterwards with the straight i feel my face more sensitive and burning,hopefully that will stop with more experience,anyway a nice smooth shave perhaps a 9.6 this time
20230105_220023.jpg
start as always with the PAA Ice Cube,soap...Mikes Bay Rum,bowl...grey/white Fine,brush...Wild West Brushworks synthetic,finished with a rub of Osma Alum,a few squirts of Barts Balm Ben Lomond,and a sample of A&E Little Fiction to finish off,until next time happy shaves all🪒👍

20230202_120800.jpg
1st use of the TI Spartacus 5/8th razor today on a few days growth,the shave was fine but a little nick on my chin,still will take me a few shaves with the straights to get used to them i think
20230202_120539.jpg
PAA Ice Cube to start,soap...Tabula Rasa Patchouli,bowl...Captains Heavyweight Copper,brush...AKA Brushworx handle with the Boti silk HMW knot,finished with a rub of Osma Alum a few squirts of Barts Balm Ben Lomond,and a splash of Lucky Tiger Aspen after shave,until next time happy shaves all🪒👍

Top Bottom