What's new

best blade & razor pairing 👍🏼

_20220630_213734.JPG
3rd use of 1st Blue Sword platinum blade with the Omega barberpole razor, decent 9.7 shave today, 3x passes wtg, xtg & atg
_20220630_213809.JPG
start as usual with the PAA Ice Cube, brush...Captain Fawcett in Super, bowl...Zenith, soap...Pre De Provence number 63, finished with Osma Alum, Barts Balm Ben Lomond and a few squirts of Stirling Barbershop edt, until next time happy shaves all🪒👍🏼

20220711_105817.jpg
4th use of 1st Blue Sword Platinum blade, with the black DLC-Yaqi razor, usual 3 passes wtg,atg & xtg, lovely 10/10 shave today, this blade really surprises me like no other, from my 1st use with the Feather razor being so poor to now giving a 10/10 shave, i usually need to give another little pass at right side of neck most shaves,but today it was completely smooth after 3 passes, lovely enjoyable shave👍
20220711_105735.jpg
start as usual with the PAA Ice Cube, brush...red white and blue Yaqi synthetic, bowl...Zenith, cream...Omega Crema Da Barba, usual finish with the Osma Alum, Barts Balm Ben Lomond and a few squirts of Joop Homme EDT,until next time happy shaves all🪒👍

20220715_125449.jpg
5th use of 1st Blue Sword Platinum blade, with the King C Gillette razor,nice 9.5/10 shave,3 passes wtg,xtg & atg,didnt have a lot of growth to remove today,but im away on a run with my car group tomorrow so have to look my best😁,enjoyable shave nonetheless😉
20220715_125350.jpg
usual start,with my PAA Ice Cube,brush...Maseto 30mm Silvertip,bowl...Etsy 3d printed,soap...Esteem Lively,finished as usual with the Osma Alum block,Barts Balm Ben Lomond,then a few squirts of Stirling Barbershop(lovely scent this Stirling Barbershop,just as good i'd say as some of the higher end scents in my collection)so until next time guys,thanks for looking in and happy shaves all🪒👍

20220721_105848.jpg
6th & final use of the 1st Blue Sword Platinum blade,with the Jag Shaving razor,lovely 9.9/10 shave today,probably still a few shaves left in this blade,but as the norm for me now,6 shaves is the limit per blade,usual 3 passes wtg,xtg & atg,1 little extra pass today on the right side of neck,pleased with today's shave and quite a fan of these Blue Sword blades,defo a blade i will keep in my rotation👍
20220721_105716.jpg
usual start with the PAA Ice Cube,brush...Kent Silvertip,cream...Hawkins & Brimble,bowl...Giles Shaving Co,finished with a little Osma Alum,Barts Balm Ben Lomond and a few squirts of St James of London Mandarin & Patchouli,i have to recommend the Hawkins & Brimble cream,for not a lot of money it's defo up there with the high end creams,if you havent tried it yet,give it a go,you'll like it,till next time happy shaves all🪒👍

20220726_123908.jpg
1st use of 2nd Blue Sword Platinum blade,with the Barbarossa brothers stubby razor,a lovely 9.9 3 pass shave,wtg,xtg & atg,with my usual little touch up at right side of neck area,great blades these👍
20220726_123759.jpg
usual start with the PAA Ice Cube,bowl...from Etsy,brush...GFCC synthetic,soap...Bearskin & Tunic Loch Lomond,finished with some Osma Alum,Barts Balm Ben Lomond and a splash of TOBS Sandalwood Cologne,until next time happy shaves all🪒👍

20220729_111313.jpg
2nd use of 2nd Blue Sword platinum blade,this time with the Muhle R89 Grande,again a nice 9.7 shave with this blade,usual wtg, xtg & atg with my 4th little touch up on right side of neck
20220729_111214.jpg
usual start with the PAA Ice Cube,soap...Extro Cosmesi Bay Rum,bowl...Steve Woodhead Suribachi,brush...Frank Shaving in "best",finished with a little Osma Alum,Barts Balm Ben Lomond and a few squirts of Paco Rabanne
20220729_114115.jpg
until next time happy shaves all🪒👍

20220807_133905.jpg
3rd use of 2nd Blue Sword blade with the white/chrome Yaqi aggressive head,9/10 wtg,xtg & atg,a weird shave today,4 nicks around the neck and nose area today,it's been months since ive had a nick at all,after the shave,using the Osma Alum i could actually feel my face burning up and nipping,even after the shave about half hour or so ago,doing my review i can still feel some burning in my face,strange🤔
20220807_133838.jpg
PAA Cube to start,soap...Mogno Ach Brito,scuttle...Steve Woodhead Pottery,brush...DS Cosmetic silvertip,finished with the Osma Alum,Barts Balm ben Lomond and a little sample of Ariana & Evans Summer Fig aftershave,
20220807_135444.jpg
thought i'd add a soapy scuttle pic,till next time happy shaves all🪒👍

Last edited:

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Lately, my favorite razor and blade pairing has been my Rockwell 6S, with plate R5/R6, and KAI blades. Very smooth, efficient, and comfortable smooth shaves.

20220814_190259.jpg
4th use of 2nd Blue Sword Platinum blade,with the new Windrose handle and DS Cosmetic X2 open comb head,9.5 wtg,xtg & atg,no more than a decent shave,a nick under my nose and one on chin area,and the right side of my neck could certainly feel smoother,not a combination i will be repeating
20220814_190139.jpg
start as always with the PAA Ice Cube,cream...Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes,bowl...Captains blue ceramic,brush...Zenith in Silvertip,finished with a rub of the Osma Alum,a few squirts of Barts Balm Ben Lomond and some Joop Homme EDT to finish,till next time happy shaves all🪒👍

20220818_122253.jpg
5th use of 2nd Blue Sword Platinum blade,this time with the Timeless razor with scalloped head and 0.95 baseplate,nice 9.8 shave today,usual wtg,xtg & atg with my usual little touch up on right side of neck
20220818_122212.jpg
PAA Ice Cube start, soap...Abbate Y La Mantia Don Jose, bowl...Fox Rosalita(Latvia), brush...Omega 49 boar, finished with a rub of Osma Alum, some Barts Balm Ben Lomond and a few splashes of A&E SoCal Hipster scent, until next time friends,happy shaves all🪒👍

Ive actually been contemplating perhaps over the next 2 or 3 shaves time of doing a shaving video,just for a bit of fun,and posting it here in this thread,it maybe make things a little more interesting😁

20220820_111958.jpg
6th & final use of 2nd Blue sword platinum blade,this time with the red/chrome DLC Yaqi razor, a nice 9.8,wtg & a little mixture of both xtg & atg,enjoyable and smooth
20220820_111928.jpg
usual start with PAA Ice Cube, soap...Smoking Monster Smoked Pineapple,scuttle...Steve Woodhead Ceramics, brush...Simpsons Case in "best", finished as usual with a rub of the Osma Alum, a few sqirts of the Barts Balm Ben Lomond then finished off with a bit of St James of London Mandarin & Patchouli, anyone who follows this thread will remember when i bought the Simpsons Case brush how disappointed i was at the time,with the size of the brush and how i would probably never use it, how wrong i was, it certainly packs a punch for such a small brush, and if being honest it's probably one of my favourite brushes in my rotation, i dont mind admitting when i'm wrong😁,thanks for tuning in,happy shaves all and catch you soon🪒👍

20220825_125703.jpg
1st use of 3rd Blue Sword Platinum blade with the DS Destroyer razor with the T7 scalloped head,a beautiful combination gave a 10/10 shave,usual 2+1 passes wtg & xtg then a 3rd touch up atg on my usual place on right side of neck,it's a pairing i look forward to using again👍
20220825_125434.jpg
as always PAA Ice Cube to start,brush...Jag Shaving in "super",bowl...Yaqi marble,soap...Pinnacle Grooming "once upon a time",then finished off as always with a little rub of the Osma Alum,a few squirts of Barts Balm Ben Lomond and a splash of TOBS Sandalwood Cologne to finish,the Pinnacle Grooming shaving soap makes a really nice lather,its an enjoyable soap, scent is also nice although probably not the strongest scent,until next time happy shaves all🪒👍

20220901_103742.jpg
2nd use of 3rd Blue Sword Platinum blade,this time with the Haward razor,nice 9.8,3 pass wtg,xtg & atg shave,decent pairing👍
20220901_103659.jpg
start as always with the PAA Ice Cube,brush...Edwards Traditional Shaving Emporium "synthetic",bowl...Etsy 3D printed,cream...Edwin Jagger,lime & pomegranate,finished with the Osma Alum,Barts Balm Ben Lomond and a splash of Pinnacle Grooming,I Love Gaultier scent,until next time,happy shaves all🪒👍

20220906_131920.jpg
3rd use of 3rd Blue Sword Platinum blade with the blue/chrome DLC Yaqi razor,a nice 10/10 today,i think these blades are great,3 passes as usual wtg,xtg & atg, lovely smooth shave👍
20220906_131719.jpg
start as always with...PAA Ice Cube,scuttle...Steve Woodhead Pottery,cream...Acqua Di Parma,brush...Truefitt & Hill in "super", finished as usual with a rub of Osma alum a few squirts of Barts Balm Ben Lomond, then a splash of Pinnacle Grooming Ayrton Senna,pleasant enjoyable shave today,until next time happy shaves all🪒👍

Top Bottom