What's new

Best Barber Shop Scent?

I just ordered Sterling Barber Shop soap & Clubman Classic Barber shave cream. Are these the best examples of the classic Barber Shop scent?
If not, what is?
Thanks.
P.S. Also, which is better for sensitive skin?

I like my Sterling Barbershop but it is a bit too sweet powder scented for me to call a true Barbershop. Maggard's barber shop was a more balanced scent to me but i wasnt a big fan of the lather.

I liked Stirling but it was a bit vanilla heavy for me

My favorite is also WSP. I have the rustic version and it's great scent and performance.

I also enjoy the scent of Sir Hare but don't like the performance as much.

I liked Stirling but it was a bit vanilla heavy for me

My favorite is also WSP. I have the rustic version and it's great scent and performance.

I also enjoy the scent of Sir Hare but don't like the performance as much.

Is this it?
1619226159987.png

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Lustray Blue Spice and Colonel Conk Bay Rum are two of my favorite barbershop scents. Barrister and Mann Seville is excellent as well.

Last edited:

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
PAA Gondolier, but the I guess it’s what you remember as barbershop. Growing up in the UK then came to Australia in the 70 both had distinct feeling and smell.

Kenny, your question is a perennial one. Barbershop scent means many things to many people. It has to do with what your barbershop smelled like you grew up. Perhaps what part of the world you are from. So the answer is what ever you scent you like.

For me, Mike's Natural Barbershop was the first Barbershop scent for me, it's very similar to Maggard's Barbershop and is a combination of four basic scents: bergamot, basil, oakmoss, and patchouli.

At the same time, I like Stirling Barbershop, Fine American Blend and Wet Shaving Products (WSP), they are all great products.

Kenny, your question is a perennial one. Barbershop scent means many things to many people. It has to do with what your barbershop smelled like you grew up. Perhaps what part of the world you are from. So the answer is what ever you scent you like.

For me, Mike's Natural Barbershop was the first Barbershop scent for me, it's very similar to Maggard's Barbershop and is a combination of four basic scents: bergamot, basil, oakmoss, and patchouli.

At the same time, I like Stirling Barbershop, Fine American Blend and Wet Shaving Products (WSP), they are all great products.
Thanks. I have a sample of Mike's on the way...as well as Stirling and WSP. I actually don't remember what my barbershop smelled like growing up. But, hopefully, one of these scents will remind me!

Lustray Blue Spice and Colonel Conk Bay Rum are two of my favorite barbershop scents. Barrister and Mann Seville is excellent as well.
Thanks. I tried a sample of Seville...that was definitely not what my barbershop smelled like growing up! I somehow remember it being more powdery...and less spicy. 🤔

Top Bottom