What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2022

I'll second that! If it ever got rough out here it would resemble a Three Musketeers reenactment.
View attachment 1397965
And a scotch fan too! I've encountered a number of your rescaling efforts on the straight forum over the years but I've seemingly missed a lot of your speakeasy contributions.

I'm a big fan of Laphroaig, but I've not encountered this bottle. What do you think?

(oops, this is suppose to be about beer)

And a scotch fan too! I've encountered a number of your rescaling efforts on the straight forum over the years but I've seemingly missed a lot of your speakeasy contributions.

I'm a big fan of Laphroaig, but I've not encountered this bottle. What do you think?

(oops, this is suppose to be about beer)
Very observant! I only recently visited The Speakeasy, after the frenetic pace of my rescaling efforts necessitated a scaling back of said rescaling efforts.

I really like it! A pilot got it in the UK and left it at a friend's. She doesn't drink anything stronger than Kahlua, so she gave it to me. Probably 100 ml, but at least I got a few drams. Out of my price range.

Ah, what the heck... I should think a thread dedicated to discussion of the consumption of brews would almost require a certain amount of unrelated blithering!

Last of the 2021 Stiegl Christmas Bock
AD39E913-3AD3-485A-B734-FBEE85D49A09.jpeg

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Other than it being a Stout this is kind of out of my wheelhouse but I like an occasional Chai tea so though why not. Very little carbonation, definitely get the cinnamon, cardamom, and clove notes up front with a slight bitterness midway through. The Chai tea really shows up in the aftertaste. Thin, but not watery, mouthfeel. This is a local brewery and I’m interested to see what else they put out. This would be a good dark summer beer.
41DB2550-FD00-42FC-ACEC-269EB65C633E.jpeg

Franziskaner Weissbier, normally, I drink stouts and porters during the winter, but tonight, I fancied some German beer. Rather, appropriately, I am drinking this magnificent brew from a stein, and not just any stein, this stein plays "a tavern in the Town" whenever I take a swig. Yep, tankards are another of my acquisition disorders :a8:

20220127_205252.jpg

20220127_204714.jpg

16433179399952676006217382249876.jpg

Attachments

• 20220127_204607.jpg
    20220127_204607.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Franziskaner Weissbier, normally, I drink stouts and porters during the winter, but tonight, I fancied some German beer. Rather, appropriately, I am drinking this magnificent brew from a stein, and not just any stein, this stein plays "a tavern in the Town" whenever I take a swig. Yep, tankards are another of my acquisition disorders :a8:

View attachment 1400414

View attachment 1400415

View attachment 1400418
I feel like there needs to be a video with sound accompanying this post!

Top Bottom