What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2021

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Great job of keeping the albumen to a minimum. I like salmon, but that white stuff that forms on the surface can give me the heebie-jeebies.
Thanks. I tend to get Albumin when I cook Salmon fast and hot or for too long. This was slow cooked and while a little drier than I like not over cooked by any means. The flavor was spot on.

395150DD-3CC2-4F42-B7CC-039C8D7ED465.jpeg

Hey @FL shaver what brand growler do you have? I’ve been thinking about investing in a pressurized growler.
Thanks for asking...
It's a GrowlerWerks uKeg 128 in stainless. Holds a gallon, hence the 128. My wife gifted it a few Christmases ago. Never would have purchased it myself, but it has tuned into a pretty cool novelty. I really don't drink enough beer to fill it regularly, but when we have family and other guests at the house, it is fun to run down to the local brewery or craft brew place for a fill. I use it only 2 or 3 times a year. I have had no issues with it, but my son-in-law had a pressure gauge failure. Easy enough to replace. It is much better than a conventional glass growler, even for same day drinking. I get asked about it every time I place it on the bar.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Thanks for asking...
It's a GrowlerWerks uKeg 128 in stainless. Holds a gallon, hence the 128. My wife gifted it a few Christmases ago. Never would have purchased it myself, but it has tuned into a pretty cool novelty. I really don't drink enough beer to fill it regularly, but when we have family and other guests at the house, it is fun to run down to the local brewery or craft brew place for a fill. I use it only 2 or 3 times a year. I have had no issues with it, but my son-in-law had a pressure gauge failure. Easy enough to replace. It is much better than a conventional glass growler, even for same day drinking. I get asked about it every time I place it on the bar.
Does it keep beer carbonated as long as you keep a co2 cartridge in it? I have a couple of metal growlers that are great at insulating beer temp wise, but they of course lose carbonation every time you open them. I keep telling myself that just means I need to drink the beer faster.

Does it keep beer carbonated as long as you keep a co2 cartridge in it? I have a couple of metal growlers that are great at insulating beer temp wise, but they of course lose carbonation every time you open them. I keep telling myself that just means I need to drink the beer faster.
I’ve only had beer in it for three days or so, but this fill has lasted 5. Carbonation has stayed just about perfect for this porter at 5 days, but higher carbonated IPAs drop off a little bit. Certainly not flat, but not as nice as a fresh keg pour.

Last edited:
Top Bottom