What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
806C3CFC-7B5A-48BC-ACF1-80CA166F7B50.jpeg

Is there any stout better than Founders CBS and KBS? Also how is founders Blackwoods?
Yes. Lots of 'em. But those are both notable.

Founder's Backwood's is a barrel aged scotch ale. I liked it a lot, even though it packs a wallop with its ABV. Subtle but complex with its flavor profile. Definitely a sipper.

Don

Any recommendations? Thanks.
Hmmm... let's see...:idea: and mind you, these are just my opinions!

Founder's Breakfast Stout, their oatmeal stout, too, but it is usually only on tap.
Bell's Brewing Double Cream and Expedition Stout.
Guinness, no doubt. They offer different styles now.
Goose Island offerings. Their barrel aged stuff is pretty interesting.
Left Hand Milk Stout. "America's stout," according to their bottle.
Elysian Brewing's Split Shot Espresso Milk Stout.
Stone cranks out some good stouts every once in a while. Xocoveza is their "winter" stout.
Sam Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout and their oatmeal stout.
Southern Tier.
Alesmith. Their Speedway Stout got me in trouble once.

These are all ones you should be able to find. The problem is that beer, craft beer, GOOD beer, at least to me, is very regional in nature. A lot of the stuff I post on this forum may not even get out of a three state distribution zone.

Check what's available locally for you, and then find a flavor profile you like and go crazy! I personally look for chocolate, coffee, vanilla or other mild warm spices, and nuts. A big surprise to me was this growing trend for peanut butter stouts and porters. I thought, "no way!", but they're actually pretty tasty. You can check previous year BOTD threads here on this forum. Above all, have fun!

Don

Is there any stout better than Founders CBS and KBS? Also how is founders Blackwoods?

Founder's Backwoods Bastard is probably my favorite Founder's offering and one of my top 5 favorite beers (I'd have to really stop and think about it!). Founder's Imperial Stout is worth trying. It's just not barrel aged.

I, too, dig local beers. One (somewhat) local stout I really enjoyed is Funky Buddha's (Tampa) I'm So Excited, I'm So Scared.

Founder's Backwoods Bastard is probably my favorite Founder's offering and one of my top 5 favorite beers (I'd have to really stop and think about it!). Founder's Imperial Stout is worth trying. It's just not barrel aged.

I, too, dig local beers. One (somewhat) local stout I really enjoyed is Funky Buddha's (Tampa) I'm So Excited, I'm So Scared.
I'll look for Funky Buddha the next time I get to Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete. All we get here in PA is Jai Alai, which is good but expensive here.

I'll look for Funky Buddha the next time I get to Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete. All we get here in PA is Jai Alai, which is good but expensive here.
Yeah, Jai Lai is very available here in SWFL, but if I have the choice, I go with Ft. Myers brewing High 5 IPA.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
First I started with this. Just to finish them off. Nasty!

245A7ACD-515A-43EA-B03F-8A640975310A.png

Then moved on to the 3 I had left of these. Very good!

C0FFFF0D-357F-4799-88BA-DD7A95B9CACE.png

Now finishing the night with the lite

D35838BE-8825-4F57-9037-0F80F0959B49.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom