What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^
I've always wanted to try some stuff from Figueroh Mountain. The ones that have been posted on these threads look great. Blonde or golden coffee ales are fabulous. AND there goes that "bubble/lacing" fascination again!

Don
Their beers are fine, but in all honesty I wouldn’t go too far out of your way to try them out. They’ve had a couple beers at their brewpubs that I liked better than their standard releases, but the normal bottlings (although solid) probably aren't anything that will knock your socks off.

20C94714-9E8C-4269-9B83-6496B300EDCA.jpeg

1A2F1394-5A7A-4D1A-BF54-8AF5EE9839D3.jpeg
Drinkable. Not a stand out. Checks the IPA boxes, but not much more.

Attachments

• D61FD712-CCFB-4A2F-AA58-939BD495F0AD.jpeg
    D61FD712-CCFB-4A2F-AA58-939BD495F0AD.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
Fosters are on sale at my corner store for $1.50 each. Been grabbing two on my way home from work, enjoying them well enough. I’m off day after tomorrow, and I’ll try and fine something better.

Maybe some KBS.

Soo good! And the liquor store had 6pks on sale for $4.49. Now that I think about it I have no idea why I only bought 1

View attachment 1099586

I wanna see you try that "hold the bottle AND the glass trick" after 3 or more of those 7.5%ers.....

DSCN1102.JPG

Pistachios. I hate 'em. No other nut on earth can drive me into a compulsive, nonstop eating frenzy almost to the point of making me physically ill. It doesn't help that they're releasing them now in different flavors. Once again, I hate 'em.

Oh, the beer? Wonderful. From Indeed Brewing here in Minnesota. Fresh, clean cream ale taste with a slightly nutty opening, both in aroma and on the palate.

Don

A co-irker and I have taken to sharing a beer at the end of the day on Friday. As we are working part time these days (M-W), today is Friday. We are having Ghost Town Brewing Lecherous Haze. Tasty Hazy IPA for Oakland, CA.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I wanna see you try that "hold the bottle AND the glass trick" after 3 or more of those 7.5%ers.....

View attachment 1099741

Pistachios. I hate 'em. No other nut on earth can drive me into a compulsive, nonstop eating frenzy almost to the point of making me physically ill. It doesn't help that they're releasing them now in different flavors. Once again, I hate 'em.

Oh, the beer? Wonderful. From Indeed Brewing here in Minnesota. Fresh, clean cream ale taste with a slightly nutty opening, both in aroma and on the palate.

Don

Don’t tempt me with a good time.

A1EF0ECB-4B06-484A-ABBC-B787CD501BB9.jpeg
Great with a steak salad my wife made! This is the last of the latest six pack. I think I only enjoyed three as my family has come to appreciate it, too. That glass makes a difference, too.

Last edited:
Not the best from Founders, but it's a solid 3.5/5 for me. I'm not really sure how to explain this one.
I had taken a quick look after first seeing your post and it seems like it’s not really that “juicy” overall, maybe just moreso compared to their other beers. Whaddya think?

I grabbed one of these on a whim the other day and I’m really digging it! Big passion fruit nose, a little bit of wheatiness and enough salinity to balance but not overbearing. Pretty stoked on this right now
C3E4C5C0-2627-4208-BD5A-674D5416BE12.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
This was on tap this past week. The Burgkopf is def. my favorite of the line up. 2nd is the Watermelon Dragonfruit Burst, followed by the Southern Pecan.

2F3BA44F-F329-47FB-AC0C-C904AF55168C.jpeg

This is on tap for next week. Never had any of these.

3C70AED3-9B76-4D04-81CB-056C27FC4B83.jpeg

Friday beer o'clock will be "9 Hop Kent Pale Ale" from M&S, brewed by the Westerham Brewery in Kent. 4.0% ABV so a decent session beer, and looking forward to 5pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom