What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
My goodness, I didn't know this thread existed, I should have known because it seems like there's a thread for just about everything on B&B......but I may have just found my new favorite :jump:

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Had 2 or 3 .

209.png

DSCN1098.JPG

Grilling and consuming accumulated porters. No apologies.

Asking me which one is best is like asking a parent to choose their favorite child; I can't. The porter style was my "trigger" beer. Founder's is more robust (their description!), and has a more pronounced hop finish, and Tyranena's Blackhawk Porter has a slightly sweet malt richness. Porters are the perfect "shelter at home" beers.

Don

DSCN1100.JPG

"Fun, fruity, and satisfying" reads the bottle copy. My barber thinks it's overrated. I don't think it gets enough credit for how good it is. Dan Carey of New Glarus wanted to imitate a beer that he envisioned would have been made in the 1850s... an unfiltered farmhouse ale. You can only buy it in Wisconsin, and I've seen a small display spot in every convenience store I've went to in that state. If I was forced to drink only one beer for the rest of my life, this would be it.

Don

Having a Tank 7 with dinner, wondering how it compares to Spotted Cow...

You know, I've never had a Tank 7, Rick. (Gasp!) I'll give it a go and let you know. Unless you're going to Wisconsin or you know somebody who is, you won't be trying Spotted Cow anytime soon....

And that's a shame. I really think you'd like it!

Don

You know, I've never had a Tank 7, Rick. (Gasp!) I'll give it a go and let you know. Unless you're going to Wisconsin or you know somebody who is, you won't be trying Spotted Cow anytime soon....

And that's a shame. I really think you'd like it!

Don
I'm curious and I'd love to hear your comparison! That'd satisfy me for the time being. Now if you say that Spotted Cow is much better, a Milwaukee road trip might be in order!

I think I'm acquiring a bit of a slightly disturbing, "beer head bubble fetish" with some of these posts....:blink:

Like ice crystal formation, there seems to be an ordered chaos to the pattern.

Don

^^^
I've always wanted to try some stuff from Figueroh Mountain. The ones that have been posted on these threads look great. Blonde or golden coffee ales are fabulous. AND there goes that "bubble/lacing" fascination again!

Don

Yuengling on the boat today. Everybody was out celebrating Mother’s Day ahead of tomorrow’s rain. I have never seen so many boats in the Miserable Mile heading for the Gulf as we returned.
B89BD84D-4E09-4F83-AE21-B1D453222871.jpeg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Im
Never reading this thread again. I’m Keto and avoiding carbs. My usual beers were heavies and now I’m stuck with Michelob Ultra Pure. Not much flavor there for sure. Drink up think of poor me and enjoy a good quaff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom