What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been kind of wishy-washy (based on my post history) about this one; first I like it, then I don't.... It's high time I finally make up my mind....

DSCN0923.JPG

Espresso milk stout courtesy of Elysian Brewing. 6% ABV. Absolutely wonderful. Invitingly sweet and rich. Bonus points in that I was picking it up at my local liquor store for around $4 a 6 pack. Good deal for a craft offering.

Don

Brodie's prime, starts out like a porter but then the American hop character makes itself known. This makes it taste more like a stout to me: that pronounced bitterness in the finish in particular. I feel mis-sold.
15613200626153997515382257352771.jpg

80B11343-474D-4A5A-B6D0-75FC97327857.jpeg
KBS 2019. As with the recent go with the 2018 version, I get no booze, baker’s chocolate, coffee. 12.2? Just not getting it.

Just got back from a week and a half in Ireland, and was impressed by the number of craft breweries that have popped up. Gin and craft beer are the rage there apparently, and it was fun to drink local stuff the whole time. Enjoyed beers from Wicklow Wolf, The Dooliner, Burren Brewery, Dick Mack’s and Killarney Brewing, to name a few.

Stone's Americano Imperial Espresso Stout:

DSCN0932.JPG

This one comes off as a somewhat bitter offering to the coffee stout style. Most use lactose as the approach ingredient, Stone uses espresso beans and hops, which gives it a dark, black espresso taste. Not terrible, but quite different from what I expected. 8.7% ABV. Kind of provided a good punch because it's been hot here and I tend to not eat too much when it's hot. Went right to my head.

Don

Big Storm Brewing has a tasting room in Cape Coral, and they snuck a ticket for a pint in my race bag today, sooo...
08476A51-C9A8-416A-A1D7-1424FBCF6D13.jpeg

Belgian Tripel
E21B37A5-7A51-4AAA-8AFA-52A991E5D91C.jpeg

Hurricane Party Cherry Watermelon Sour (bonus pour!). Nice on a hot day!
0F2FE0EF-F38B-4CDF-8C9F-59F8B8F00DB0.jpeg

Her Bromosa (Tangerine Brut IPA). Really delicious!

Early in the year I had a great pleasure of drinking Or Xata from the Brewery from bottle and on tap. Was hoping for a similar vibe. Not even close. This beer by the Midnight Brewery is a good stout with just a touch of vanilla. Not much more. Definitely not worth the high price.
proxy.php

Legion Brewing Juicy Jay East Coast IPA
035076A0-F8EA-4B27-A7E9-A15072323F1C.jpeg

Juicy Jay (East Coast IPA)
proxy.php

6.3% ABV, 68 IBUs

Mosaic, El Dorado and Cascade hops join in harmony to produce a juicy, tropical treat with a distinct, dry finish. Each of these hops will dance along your tongue and gather for the grand finale.

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-7_19-3-13.jpeg
    upload_2019-7-7_19-3-13.jpeg
    17.7 KB · Views: 5
DSCN0933.JPG

Bald Man Brewing's Heart of Glass "Blondie" Ale. 4.2%. Fruity and fresh. The only problem is that song becoming an ear worm. Probably be in my head all day:001_07:.

Don

Big Storm Brewing has a tasting room in Cape Coral, and they snuck a ticket for a pint in my race bag today, sooo...
View attachment 996355
Belgian Tripel
View attachment 996356
Hurricane Party Cherry Watermelon Sour (bonus pour!). Nice on a hot day!
View attachment 996357
Her Bromosa (Tangerine Brut IPA). Really delicious!
I’ve been seeing a bunch of Brut IPA’s here in SoCal this year, some good and some not so good... I can imagine one with citrus like that tangerine being yummy!

Had to try this due to all the prodding, or maybe it's more like gentle nudging, that occurs in this thread:

DSCN0938.JPG

Probably the best I've had from their barrel aged series. Wasn't too impressed on what hit me in the nose (I SWEAR I could smell "heat!"), but the flavor.... wow. Fabulous scotch ale. definitely should try if you get a chance.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom