What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 Floyd's Zombie Dust....... Yummmmm...
20190608_153444.jpg

From the second oldest brewery in the world:
15607170723468987103925927526121.jpg

I enjoy the malt-dominated flavour profile, but the sweetness is a little cloying. I can see why it would be popular with the devout fasting during Lent.

^^ So how was it?! ^^

I tend to walk a fine line on my appreciation for imperial stouts... they can get "boozy" real quick, but the draw is that they use flavors I really like, namely chocolate or coffee. This is the first aged KBS I've tried. Ageing improved it; A LOT. There was a subtle vanilla note with this one that I've never picked up with a fresh KBS vintage. I think buying one and stashing it for a couple of years might be the way to go.

By the way,@thefenlander, nice presentation!

Don

Altbier from Düsseldorf: a cultural treasure that should be preserved, although not my favourite beer. Very heavy toast flavour.
15608902203524224744734227802788.jpg

I tend to walk a fine line on my appreciation for imperial stouts... they can get "boozy" real quick, but the draw is that they use flavors I really like, namely chocolate or coffee. This is the first aged KBS I've tried. Ageing improved it; A LOT. There was a subtle vanilla note with this one that I've never picked up with a fresh KBS vintage. I think buying one and stashing it for a couple of years might be the way to go.

By the way,@thefenlander, nice presentation!

Don

Thanks, I'm working on my photography skills. I know what you mean about imperial stouts, I've got a lot of respect for the brewers who can make a great beer at 5% and.

I don't drink beer so much these days but on holiday now in France and doing a bit of garden work, rather enjoyed a cold couple of these:

6.1% ABV so a couple goes a long way!
0F6F29D2-5BDF-463C-A487-5161D10FA2D5.JPG

Had Uerige in Altstadt in March!

Sipping Curmudgeon’s Better Half this evening. Just love this beer.

That's cool, I always feel that there's a bit of a trade-off drinking beers from other cultures at home. You can better compare with other styles to contrast them, but you lose something with just the beer out of context. I've been to Munich, but I would like to try the beer culture in other parts, such as Cologne or Dusseldorf.

Looks like we're on a bit of a nostalgic trip with our beers:

DSCN0922.JPG

Bottled on Oct. 1, 2016. Last of my Xocovezas. No change with the ageing; same 'ole warm winter stout it always was, and has been. Sorry about the bad reflections in the bottle and the glass.

Don

Bud Lite Orange. Gotta say...it taste better than regular Bud Lite.

I one had a bottle of Hercule stout in Belgium that had gone bad. I didn't notice the gasket around the stopper had perished: instead of the creamy, smooth taste I was expecting, I got a mouthful of vinegar. It caught me by surprise and left me choking and sputtering while those around me looked on in alarm.

Pretty sure that tasted better than bud light too.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I one had a bottle of Hercule stout in Belgium that had gone bad. I didn't notice the gasket around the stopper had perished: instead of the creamy, smooth taste I was expecting, I got a mouthful of vinegar. It caught me by surprise and left me choking and sputtering while those around me looked on in alarm.

Pretty sure that tasted better than bud light too.
I don’t like Bud Light but I’m not bout to choose vinegar over it. I guess if that’s your style then hey, drink up. Vinegar is cheaper that’s for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom