What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of beer. Had to go with this cheapo baby can of Wal-Mart Root Beer.
image.jpg

But surprisingly it went well with this.
image.jpg

Root beer is a great pairing for a cigar as some of my Brothers of the Brown Leaf know.

Out of beer. Had to go with this cheapo baby can of Wal-Mart Root Beer.

:a8: Well you gotta do what ya gotta do, I guess!

Either of these two would, I think, have been great with you cigar:

DSCN0941.JPG

Like Founder's Backwood's, only better.

DSCN0942.JPG

This one was amazing. No boozy quality that usually comes with these bourbon barrel stouts. Not overly sweet, nice vanilla note.

Don

P.S. - A lot of explaining to do with that "out of beer" statement:nono::001_smile

Terrapin Beerista cold brew coffee stout.

Machine oil dark and thick. Minimal head but lots of lacing. Sweetness well balanced by heat of 11.2% alcohol. Malty coffee, vanilla, dark chocolate, heavy cream... Yummmm!

proxy.php

:a8: Well you gotta do what ya gotta do, I guess!

Either of these two would, I think, have been great with you cigar:

View attachment 1004093

Like Founder's Backwood's, only better.

View attachment 1004095

This one was amazing. No boozy quality that usually comes with these bourbon barrel stouts. Not overly sweet, nice vanilla note.

Don

P.S. - A lot of explaining to do with that "out of beer" statement:nono::001_smile
Yes out of beer and on the beach. That horrible, lost, empty feeling when you reach in the cooler for another beer only to discover that no matter how hard you search through that ice it’s all gone. The only thing I was left with was water and a baby can of cheapo root beer that my son enjoys. So I opted for the Root Beer.

Those beers you suggested look great. I do really like backwoods bastard so I’m intrigued by the Central Waters Vanilla Bean Stout.

Those beers you suggested look great. I do really like backwoods bastard so I’m intrigued by the Central Waters Vanilla Bean Stout.

I probably wasn't too clear... it was the scotch ale that was closest to Backwoods. Both beers are great, though. Kind of pricey, but I don't think it's necessary to be thrifty and enjoy good beer.

Don

+1! Just picked up another 4 pack of Backwoods Bastard forgetting I hadn’t touched the last 4 pack!

That Terrapin Beerista looks exceptional, too!

International Beer Day today?

A405CB52-868F-4B9F-B8C3-A5D661FE35C2.jpeg

Lone Pine Brewing Co. (Portland, ME) - Diamond Unicorn

Tastes pretty much exactly how I thought a diamond unicorn would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom