What's new

Becoming a "friend"

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask about forum procedure, so re-direct this if it needs to be.

I just got a request to become a "friend" of another member. I'm not sure what this means (or why I may have been singled out). It seems like a nice thing to do (certainly better than "enemy") but I'm not sure what the pros and cons are. Anyone help me out about deciding to accept the kind invitation?

It is a good thing.
proxy.php

I've picked up friends here after trading items or being part of a PIF as well as just interacting with or helping someone out. Pretty much just like you'd pick them up in the real world.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't accept it?

Positives are...
1.) Someone has interacted with you and actually likes you or actually enjoys interacting with you.
2.) You can also easily see their posts if you'd like to do so.
3.) It's nice to have friends in life and in this forum.
4.) It doesn't cost you anything. It's not a trick, they won't ask you to buy stuff their kids are selling from school, to borrow money or to help them move like the friends that live nearby might do.

Negatives are... well I'm not sure there are any negatives.
1.) This is a stretch but sometimes when I'm looking for something and I want to see only my posts it defaults to mine and all of my friends posts so I have to click one extra time to see only mine. A small price to pay for someone's friendship though.

Last edited:
I've picked up friends here after trading items or being part of a PIF as well as just interacting with or helping someone out. Pretty much just like you'd pick them up in the real world.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't accept it?

Positives are...
1.) Someone has interacted with you and actually likes you or actually enjoys interacting with you.
2.) You can also easily see their posts if you'd like to do so.
3.) It's nice to have friends in life and in this forum.
4.) It doesn't cost you anything. It's not a trick and they won't ask you to buy stuff their kids are selling from school.

+1

David,

I am not sure you have noticed but you can actually filter just your posts to threads too when you select my profile then my activity it has a banner that says your name, friends, subscriptions and photos so if you select your name it will actually just filter down to just your posts and makes it easier. I actually was a bit annoyed by that too until I realized I could filter it down! I hope that makes life easier for you. Also sorry it's been a minute I have been fighting an awful head cold so I will reply to your message soon.

I have met some great friends here, just talked to one via phone last night, be open, another friend I email with lives in the south of Italy, great guys and I value the friendships soooo much, relax!

I'm somebody I'm somebody.

My name is in the phone book.

I'm going to have LOTS of friends NOW.....

Top Bottom