What's new

Battle Brothers blades

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
A few of the new Battle Brothers blades arrived in the mail this morning from a fellow member before I shaved, so what could I do but use one?

At a setting of 3 on my Slim, the blade delivered a close and comfortable shave. I'll bump the Slim up by 2 for each of the next few shaves with the blade to see how it fares on different settings. So far, so good ... but then again, the only DE blades I can recall not liking are Feather (yuck! too harsh!), Lord, Merkur, and Wilkinson Sword. The latter all providing for weeper filled, uncomfortable shaves.

Pricewise, they seem to be Feather-esque but still, for what we spend on our hobby, $30 for a year's supply isn't going to break the bank.

upload_2017-12-13_14-10-1.png

Last edited:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
@BigJ Battle Brothers is a new vendor, joining B&B last month, so their products are probably going to be new to just about everyone.

Used the blade on a 5-setting with my Slim this morning and had another nice shave with it.

Amazing how many blades we have to choose from today. When I first started shaving the choices were very limited.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Day-3 with the blade saw my Slim bumped up to a 7-setting. No issues as all and a nice easy shave. So far, so good.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Bumped the Slim up to 9 for shave-4 with the blade. Nice, close and comfortable. I did get some minor redness at the base of the neck (now gone after about 1.5 hours, including a workout shovelling snow :tongue_sm), but I attribute that potentially being to the Slim setting rather than the blade right now.

From here on out, I'll probably go back to a 5 setting and see if this blade reaches my standard of 7-shaves (it should), or can even carry on longer.

Second shave with the S1 Battle Brothers blade. This one was better than the first shave. Very smooth and close shave. I'm impressed.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Shaves 5 & 6 using my Slim on its 5-setting resulted in CCSs both days. I can feel stubble rubbing my fingers ATG on my cheeks.

Top Bottom