What's new

Battle Brothers blades

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
7 shaves and I am calling the blade done.

A nice and simple CCS today, but the blade struggled somewhat on the ATG pass. Still, if I can get a week's worth of daily shaves from the blade, it should easily fall into the tolerances of what most people get from their normal choices.

I received a sample of these blades from Andrew of Battle Brother's Shaving Co. a few weeks ago and have the same blade in the following razors (FYI I used 8 different soaps/creams)
Rockwell 6S (R4 Plate) 2 shaves
Gillette Slim Adjustable I2 (set on 7)
RazoRock Mentor Head & Maggard Razors MR5 Blue Anodized Stainless Steel Handle
Delta Echo G1 Gillette Fatboy (set on 6)
RazoRock Mission Head with Protege Handle
Gillette Tech (X2) Head w/Maggard Razors MR9 Handle
'48-'50 Gillette Super Speed

8 Shaves Total

To be honest with you I was not looking for a new DE blade, but Andrew made the sample offer and I took him up on it. My 1st impression of this blade was it was really smooth and sharp, not as sharp as a Feather, but sharp! After 3 or 4 shaves, the blade was still smooth and showed no signs of tugging at all. I was able to get great BBS+ shaves all 8 times. I don't know how many more shaves are left in this blade, but the last shave it was not tugging and was still plenty sharp.
I gave one of these blade to a friend who is also a DE user, but not on B&B. He said he would be ordering some.
I'd rank this blade in my Top 5 blades that I've used. I give them a slight edge over the PolSilver, and I do mean slight and just below Feathers. They are smoother than Feather, but not quite as sharp.

1. Feathers
2. Battle Brother's
3. PolSilver Super Iridium
4. Astra Superior Platinum
5. Rockwell

If you are looking for a new blade I don't think you will be disappointed!
All this is IMHO and remember YMMV!

Used this blade for the first time a couple of days ago. First pass was a little bit tuggy but it smoothed out and gave a very close and comfortable shave in a Merkur 34. So far so good!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom