What's new

Barbasol razor info thread. Any info and pics posted here.

This thread is for any info on Barbasol razors. The Floating head had many confused. Lets start out with pics and examples of what the Floating Head Barbasols are and what they look like, take pics to illustrate. We can also add history or any other inside info that we have on anything Barbasol. Let the fun begin.:thumbup:

Last edited:
I recently picked up a no-name razor on ebay, the handle is pretty rough, but I am convinced the the head is the same as the non-floating head I'll try and get a picture here

I recently picked up a no-name razor on ebay, the handle is pretty rough, but I am convinced the the head is the same as the non-floating head I'll try and get a picture here
Chongo,

Here in photo , the floating head has a raised area , notice the second razor has no raised area / non floating head
attachment.php

Heres a close-up of the base plate. It sure looks like it was made with the Barbasol tooling. I suspect someone got hold of some casting materials, and they skimped on the handle. The plate fits in my Fatip, for a "poor man's Barbasol.View attachment 264546

Last edited:
Yep, the groove line (this is actually a seam where the casting plates would separate) would have been machined out by Barbasol.For a cheaper version they might not have bothered. Look at other elements: the post holes are oblong, rather than round, the teeth are same pattern and shape The most obvious tip-off is the star shaped post where the handle screws into the baseplate. Perfect match for the non-floater baseplate.

I'm convinced it's a pirated version. Gonna shave with it this afternoon

Last edited:
Yep, the groove line (this is actually a seam where the casting plates would separate) would have been machined out by Barbasol.For a cheaper version they might not have bothered. Look at other elements: the post holes are oblong, rather than round, the teeth are same pattern and shape The most obvious tip-off is the star shaped post where the handle screws into the baseplate. Perfect match for the non-floater baseplate.

I'm convinced it's a pirated version. Gonna shave with it this afternoon
Well, it wont be as aggressive as a Floater....be cautious any way

You know, I spent $10 on that junky little razor, and had reservations about doing so. After using it, I really want a Barbasol. The thing shaves really well, but the handle is terrible and the threading won't work with other handles.

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of Authentic Barbasols. People, bring 'em on.

You know, I spent $10 on that junky little razor, and had reservations about doing so. After using it, I really want a Barbasol. The thing shaves really well, but the handle is terrible and the threading won't work with other handles.

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of Authentic Barbasols. People, bring 'em on.
this one really authentic
proxy.php

Top Bottom