What's new

Barbasol DE razor (non-floating head)

Yes, I do! It's a really great razor. They certainly stand out as one of the best.
20240408_080020.jpg

I just acquired a non-floater as part of a bargain-priced vintage store lot. I had never seen any Barbasol razor in years of wild vintage hunts. I note there is not a Barbasol club on B&B. Are they that rare?

Mine is in great user shape, but has just traces of plating on the top of the cap. The build quality is very impressive, but the long and heavy handle is not my cup of tea. Handle swapping would be difficult given the precise mating of male handle and female plate.

Two shaves in with rubbed-in Barbasol Sensitive tube cream, I am not yet a fan. I owe it a well-prepped lather shave before passing judgement. So far I have had less comfortable shaves and some post-shave irritation.

The Barbasol Sensitive in the tube has been said to most closely recreate the traditional rub-in Barbasol once sold in jars and tubes. It has worked well in my travel kit for fast restroom shaves with Schick injectors.

I am not an expert, but...
From what I have read, the 'pyramid' supporting the mating cylinder on the base plate indicates non-floating.

IMG_6252.jpeg
IMG_6249.jpeg

The corner contact between cap and base plate is the definition of 'non-floating'. The floaters have a gap.

IMG_6251.jpeg

Hey, @Space_Cadet , pix of yours?

Top Bottom