What's new

Any information on this Barbasol razor.

Good evening. Need some help on some history on this razor or any information. I have seen,sold plenty of razors but stumped on this 1 and have never owned 1 or seen 1 like this. I have owned the long handle barbasol razors but not 1 like this.
Box is in outstanding condition no rips and still never nice color. Razor looks very good other than 2 spots that I have no clue what a on it but very hard to get off but working at it. I’m tossing the kitchen sink at it and have gotten some off but it’s harder than concrete.
I have not done anything else at this point but it will look great when I’m done. Just no clue about this razor
Thank you for any information

Attachments

• IMG_7531.jpeg
    IMG_7531.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7532.jpeg
    IMG_7532.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7533.jpeg
    IMG_7533.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7534.jpeg
    IMG_7534.jpeg
    862.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7535.jpeg
    IMG_7535.jpeg
    874.8 KB · Views: 36
You have the rare Barbasol open comb razor. These were made in the 1930s and are hard to find. Keep me in mind if you decide to sell it! :em2300:

They also made the floating head model, which are great.
20220419_095404.jpg

And also a non floating head model with a bakelite handle.
20240408_080205.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you I have owned and sold the longer floating head but never seen 1 of these so was kind of at a loss on value or history. I was able to get some of that stuff removed but It almost looked like JB weld the stuff is hard. I got most of it off but dont want to trash the plating, so some is not coming off
Thank you for the information-I was looking around online and cant find much

Thank you I have owned and sold the longer floating head but never seen 1 of these so was kind of at a loss on value or history. I was able to get some of that stuff removed but It almost looked like JB weld the stuff is hard. I got most of it off but dont want to trash the plating, so some is not coming off
Thank you for the information-I was looking around online and cant find much

After a close look at your photos, JB Weld seems plausible.

I have found (and purchased) exactly one Barbasol razor in years of checking vintage/antique stores so I'm not surprised that your razor is seldom seen. Great catch!

Top Bottom