What's new

Badger knots from Woodcraft

A client gave me a print ad from Woodcraft yesterday. It contained an ad for badger knots. I'm going to drive over to Ft. Myers and take a look at them later. Anyone had experience with their knots? At $7.95 per, I'm guessing Chinese, but real badger hair...

Link:
http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2081310/30465/Badger-Hair-Bristle-Brush-20mm.aspx

Looks like a decent 20mm badger knot. I'll see if I can put my hands on one today.

EDIT: It looks like the local store closed its doors April 15, 2011.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of working on some handles I've got sitting around -- so what did you think of the knots? Curious to hear what you thought.

Still waiting for delivery. I'm going to guess that they won't be very full, but they'll make for a nice economy restoration. I have to find some reasonably priced handles now. Ebay has been getting some silly prices for old handles lately (Gillette Travel brush with a prominent crack vertically across the lettering that the seller is asking $27.99 for and charging $5.75 for shipping, for instance). I have seen plenty of 200Ts, but I've already done that!

Last edited:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Very dark hairs. Pretty full. Firm backbone. Kinda stinky. Prickly tips. I'm imagining that this is what pure badger or most brush manufacturer's lowest grade of badger feels like?

From the tip of the brush to the base of the plug is 62mm. This'll be a soap killer set to a sub-50mm loft. I just wonder how comfortable it'll be on the skin. I need some handles!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom