What's new

INFO! Badger and Blade 2020 LE Pipe : Askwith Pipes

I was thinking I would get that... But I got this instead. Post man left it anyways. (And would it be a pic from me without showing off my work pants?!)
IMG_20200721_001410.jpg

Is there a reason cooks wear those checkered pants other than tradition?
Mostly tradition... but they do hide stains and debris (flour, batter spatter, grease, whatever) better than a solid color.
True tradition is a larger houndstooth but those are usually cheaply made, thin elastic waistband, ill fitting, poorly designed pockets, no back pocket, etc. And go to culinary students because their schools buy them the cheapest uniforms available. Mine are a thicker cotton/poly pajama pant! (plenty of nights I've fallen asleep in my recliner after getting home from work and don't care!) I do have a few pair with a few spots of Pelikan Turquiose but I have no clue how that got there or how I knew what color it was... (Hint, don't put a Pilot Vanishing Point in your pants pocket even for a second ;))

Looks like mine arrived in Chicago on the 18th and is "In-Transit". No expected delivery date or known location of it's current whereabouts. I feel like I should post a picture of it on the back of a milk carton or something.

Honestly USPS estimated delivery since CA has gone back into shutdown mode has not been very accurate anyway.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I have a 9-5 (more like an 8-6 or 7), & now live in a plausibly sketchie neighborhood. So, I'll have to pick mine up from the PO. Hopefully, on Saturday. :-(

Top Bottom