What's new

B&B LE Group buy 2022 Brown Leaf LE Pipe

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Welcome to the Sales announcement for 2022 Edition of the Badger and Blade Brown Leaf Limited Edition Pipe.

This year’s edition is by David Huber, a well-respected artisan who is renowned for the fine smoke-ability of his pipes, his stellar design, and his meticulous craftsmanship. This year marks the 11th Annual release of a B&B LE Pipe.
Davids designs have won accolades from many. Read more about David here at the Pipedia entry for DSH Pipes:

DSH Pipes - Pipedia - https://pipedia.org/wiki/DSH_Pipes

This years B&B LE is a handsome rusticated Lovat with 3 color options: Dark Brown, Red, and Natural.
(Click Image for full size view)

DB.jpg
Red.jpg
Nat.jpg

Here are some photos of the Artist Proof
(Click Image for full size view)

3eFZqDR.jpeg
u7Nvc7q.jpeg
4f8gceL.jpeg

M1cpJsC.jpeg
hfsJfn7.jpeg
Z1VmI88.jpeg

Chamber Width: 3/4"
Chamber Depth: 1 5/8"
Bowl Width: 1 3/8"
Bowl Height: 2"
Length: 5 1/4"
Weight: 1.25 oz

Pricing for the pipes will be

Dark Brown: $275
Red: $350
Natural: $425

The stem is hand shaped by David from ebonite rod.
The rusticated finish on these pipes has never been done on any pipes he has previously produced. B&B is a David Huber first for the finish on these beautiful pipes, and no other David Huber pipes have this finish.

This is truly a Limited-Edition Pipe, orders will be accepted until either 30 pipes have been ordered or 30 days from now. Once 30 pipes have been ordered, or 30 days have passed, the ordering process will be closed, and no further orders will be accepted.

Production will begin July 1st, with pipes expected to ship to purchasers by the end of August. Pipes will ship all at once, when production is complete rather than as they are completed. As these are all individually handmade, one should expect slight variations in the overall dimensions of the shape from pipe to pipe.

The link and instructions for ordering are below. The sale will run from 01 June 2022 through 30 June 2022 or until 30 pipes are purchased.

After you place your order, be sure to fill out the order form (link below) so that David will have all the information he needs to ensure you receive your pipe(s).

Order form: Badger & Blade Limited Edition Order Form - https://forms.gle/SYzq4D2wVkC2NJVdA

Send payment via PayPal here: paypal.me/dshpipes
1. Select "Send"
2. Enter the total amount of your payment and enter your order details in the notes
3. Select "Goods and Services"
4. Complete your payment"

If you are outside the US, please email David Huber at [email protected] and give him your mailing address. He will provide shipping cost numbers to you, so that you may complete your order.

As per Brown Leaf Tradition, the #20 pipe will not be made. Pipe #20 is the "Broken Pipe", and represents bryant and Mike H to remember them and to show how much they are missed.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Are there any specifications of the pipe, like bowl diameter etc?
See the general specs right under the pictures, above pricing.
My apologies for missing this previously.
I'm also apparently suffering Drain Bamage as I was off a bit on pricing.
Not sure if it was fat fingers or old age.

Last edited:

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Good job Phil. Is the stem ebonite or acrylic?

And for anyone thinking hard about this, I can attest to the excellent smoking qualities of my Huber pipe.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

And for anyone thinking hard about this, I can attest to the excellent smoking qualities of my Huber pipe.
I'm such a doof at this.
I know these are standard questions that I ought to have the answers for, but I'm relatively new to this and I apologize for not having the info handy.
I will ask and find out.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have also been asked if this is a limited number per person sale.

Historically, the B&B LE pipe has sold on average 25 pipes per year of release, with a low of 16 and 23 and a high of 31 and 32.
So there is not a plan to make this buy a limited number per buyer. Folks here are decent guys and I expect some will order multiple, some will order one, but I don't think anyone is going to go in and scalp them. I'll ask David to keep an eye out for an unusually large number order, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Historical sales numbers are:
2012 - 25
2013 - 31
2014 - 24
2015 - 28
2016 - 16
2017 - 25
2018 - 32
2019 - 23
2020 - 29
2021 - 25

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

David said that the stem is hand shaped from ebonite rod. He also wanted me to pass on that this is the first time he has used this type of finish, no other David Huber pipes are done so.
B&B is a David Huber first for this pipes rusticated finish!

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
David said that the stem is hand shaped from ebonite rod. He also wanted me to pass on that this is the first time he has used this type of finish, no other David Huber pipes are done so.
B&B is a David Huber first for this pipes rusticated finish!
Thanks Phil!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Ordering links are up in the first post of this thread.
If you purchase, please let us know here so we can try to keep an unofficial running count!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I put in an order for one each of the three colors, a total of three pipes ordered.

There are 27 left for purchase.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I received a message from David Huber who suggested a minor change to make it easier for folks to let him know what they ordered. From this point onward, the order process has been updated as per what is shown in the First post.

@gewoon ik
Additionally, he will be happy to ship outside the US, but the purchaser will have to make arrangements to pay for that shipping with David. A line has been added to the original post in this thread on how to do that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom