What's new

Bad Form?

Last Father's day I put together a shaving package for my brother and my dad with a brush, blades, soap samples, and a razor. My dad got a slim and my brother got a 34C. Dad gave it a whirl for a while and enjoyed it but after some chronic pain issues he's back to his electric. I don't miss the slim but I kinda miss the 34C and brochacho hasn't touched his setup. Would it be bad form to ask for it back until he wants to give it a shot?

Heck no. Both are not using them. You had a great heart in helping, so I'd ask for them back and let the rough end drag. But that's me.

Last Father's day I put together a shaving package for my brother and my dad with a brush, blades, soap samples, and a razor. My dad got a slim and my brother got a 34C. Dad gave it a whirl for a while and enjoyed it but after some chronic pain issues he's back to his electric. I don't miss the slim but I kinda miss the 34C and brochacho hasn't touched his setup. Would it be bad form to ask for it back until he wants to give it a shot?

IMO, Yes. Just buy another 34C.

I should say that this is kinda tongue-in-cheek, I have enough razors to keep me occupied and at least 2 that I really really like so adding the 34c back to the stable isn't huge on the priority list. Mainly I'm just curious on yalls thoughts on proper form in this situation. Plus I'm a bit bored these days...

I should say that this is kinda tongue-in-cheek, I have enough razors to keep me occupied and at least 2 that I really really like so adding the 34c back to the stable isn't huge on the priority list. Mainly I'm just curious on yalls thoughts on proper form in this situation. Plus I'm a bit bored these days...

I fear we shall all get a lot more bored before this thing is over.

There's a thread in the DE forum talking about revisiting old friends and it got me thinking about that 34c. It was my 2nd razor ever and was a huge step-up in the shaving experience over my first one. I'll probably just keep an eye out for a used one.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
They probably get a great feeling seeing the thoughtful gift, even if they are not using it...
That's what I was thinking also, gifts from family are always special to me. I even display all the deformed pottery that a family member made for me years ago. 😁

I agree - bad form to ask for a gift to be returned, even from a brother.
Try get the point across so he uses it or offers it himself.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I wouldn’t. I have thought about this before with other gifts that I have given and have gone on to unappreciated. Just let it be.

Not good form, sorry. Maybe try a different Merkur. Another possibility would be to get a Razorock SLOC with HD handle plus the German 37 slant razor head only. You could swap the handle around since both razors are 3-piece designs. Two good razors for less than the cost of a new Merkur 34c.

Top Bottom