What's new

B&M Reserve or Wholly Kaw ?

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
So I received the shaving soap today and I REALLY like the scent. It’s very close to the scent of Floid after shave you would find in Italy. I am glad I didn’t get the Classic scent like I initially wanted as it closely resembles the old spice my grandfather used to use. Does anyone know what the other scents are supposed to replicate?
I haven’t shaved with it yet but did a test lather and boy was this just about the easiest soap I have ever used. Nice slick gooey lather.
Congrats!! So glad you listened to ... ahem ... me!

I have not tried WK as I believe their formula contains lanolin and Im sensitive to it. In the few times that I used Resere Fern, the reserve soap has become my favorite shaving soap. I swung by the WCS retial locstion this Monday as I was quite close to it and picked up a tub of Reserve lavender which smells incredible. I also have a lightly used set of Reserve Waves coming to me next week from a trade done on another forum.

So I received the shaving soap today and I REALLY like the scent. It’s very close to the scent of Floid after shave you would find in Italy. I am glad I didn’t get the Classic scent like I initially wanted as it closely resembles the old spice my grandfather used to use. Does anyone know what the other scents are supposed to replicate?
I haven’t shaved with it yet but did a test lather and boy was this just about the easiest soap I have ever used. Nice slick gooey lather.

Dangit. Now I want cool. I don’t need any more soap.

I would like to know what the others are based on as well. Especially waves.

Barrister and Mann Reserve line scents are intended to preserve discontinued aftershave scents of bygone years. Here is what they are based on:

Reserve Classic= Gillette Sun Up aftershave from the 1960's
Reserve Spice= Shulton Old Spice aftershave
Reserve Lavender= Caldey Island Lavender
Reserve Cool= Floid Blue aftershave
Reserve Waves= Gillette Wild Rain aftershave from the 1990's
Reserve Fern= Fougere Royal

Barrister and Mann Reserve line scents are intended to preserve discontinued aftershave scents of bygone years. Here is what they are based on:

Reserve Classic= Gillette Sun Up aftershave from the 1960's
Reserve Spice= Shulton Old Spice aftershave
Reserve Lavender= Caldey Island Lavender
Reserve Cool= Floid Blue aftershave
Reserve Waves= Gillette Wild Rain aftershave from the 1990's
Reserve Fern= Fougere Royal
Whoa! Thank you!!! I love info like this!!

I couldn’t put my finger on what waves smelled like. I like it now, and I Knew it was familiar, but......

Wild rain deodorant is one reason I abandoned “newer” scents in ‘06 and took up traditional shaving. :lol:

Top Bottom