What's new

B&b DVD

I got my copy two days ago, and I've watched it twice all the way through. All of this is brand new to me, so I'm trying to soak it up as quickly and thoroughly as possible. I'm 57 now with lots of vertical lines on my neck, so DE shaving is challenging. I'm working out the proper angle now, and the video really helped.
I've had lots and lots of tips from all the forums I could find -- now all I need to do is stop the razor burn. TENDSKIN seems to be the only thing that quenches it, and I know that it really dries out my skin. I keep at it, daily, slowly but surely.

My god, Joel! Just how many times did you shave during the shooting?

Thanks!

Tom

Mike,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that the DVD's still useful after a month, and not in the trash can. :wink:

Peter,

That definitely was fast. I was afraid that customs was going to have to break it, and that the P.O. was going to have to lose it for a few weeks before it found its way across the pond.

Tom,

Keep at it, that perfect shave will come to you and then you'll be hooked. Regarding the dry skin, there's nothing wrong with using more than one "after shave". Try putting some tendskin on to abate the burn, let it sink in for a minute or two, and then feel free to throw some light moisturizing lotion on top (assuming it doesn't exacerbate the burn).

-Nick

vontech said:
I got my copy two days ago, and I've watched it twice all the way through. All of this is brand new to me, so I'm trying to soak it up as quickly and thoroughly as possible. I'm 57 now with lots of vertical lines on my neck, so DE shaving is challenging. I'm working out the proper angle now, and the video really helped.
I've had lots and lots of tips from all the forums I could find -- now all I need to do is stop the razor burn. TENDSKIN seems to be the only thing that quenches it, and I know that it really dries out my skin. I keep at it, daily, slowly but surely.

My god, Joel! Just how many times did you shave during the shooting?

Thanks!

Tom

Tom,
Honestly - I do not remember exactly how many. I do know it was at least 5X for that day - so suffice to say, 5 shaves with multiple passes each time proved to be quite taxing! For razor burn - I find one of the most effective products to be Aloe Vera Gel. I'd recommend finding the highest concentration aloe vera with some lidocane in it, and you'll kick butt on that irritation in no time. Also - shaving talc is another area you might wish to explore, as that tend to work surprisingly well.

Keep us updated on how/what you are doing, and maybe we can continue to help :biggrin:

Nick / Joel -

Got the DVD today and just wanted to let you know that overall - I think it's good stuff!

My 4 year old and I watched basically the whole thing in one sitting. Whenever the camera would focus on Joel's hands (for lather, product, etc), my son would say "Daddy, why can't I see his face?" It was cute the first 50 times!! :huh:

Keep 'em coming - it will help MANY a new guy (as long as the tripod gets a squirt with silicone spray).

Guys,

This DVD is worth the investment. I think I ordered mine on the evening of shipping day...so it took FOREVER for it to get here. Nick ships on Tuesday, I ordered on Tuesday evening. Today it finally arrived...and didn't work! My DVD player is a bit older, so I plugged it in on my computer....success! I'll be honest, I haven't watched the whole thing, but I've already got my money's worth!

Randy

Thanks for the kind words Randy. You bring up a very good point that people should be aware of with regards to compatibility. Some older DVD players (both set top and computer) aren't able to view the DVD-R format. We're using Verbatim DVDs which are a little pricier, but are supposed to be the most widely compatible.

If anyone else encounters this issue, please don't hesitate to PM/email me, or to post here.

-Nick

Funny you mention the compatibility issue. My DVD plays it just fine. But if I do too much scanning or FF/RW; it will "freeze" forcing me to power cycle the player.

Not the end of the world, or anything. Just FYI.

My DVD player is integrated into my stereo/surround. It's a few years old - and probably isn't IDEAL; for for space-saving and lack of unecessary cabling it ROCKS!

I'm a new member here and ordered the DVD the other day. I received it Saturday and must say I'm very pleased. Being a newbie wet shaver means needing to learn alot of information fast to keep from suffering too much. The DVD has helped me tremendously.:biggrin:

Matt

HlSheppard said:
Funny you mention the compatibility issue. My DVD plays it just fine. But if I do too much scanning or FF/RW; it will "freeze" forcing me to power cycle the player.

Not the end of the world, or anything. Just FYI.
Howard,

When I said not to hesitate to post about any problems, I thought I made it clear that that was an empty gesture. :mad: :wink:

But in all seriousness, before each DVD hits the mail, I test the playback in normal and high speed to make sure it works, but it's still possible that a bum one made it out the door. PM's on the way to see if we can resolve this for you.

-Nick

medicwood said:
I'm a new member here and ordered the DVD the other day. I received it Saturday and must say I'm very pleased. Being a newbie wet shaver means needing to learn alot of information fast to keep from suffering too much. The DVD has helped me tremendously.:biggrin:

Matt
Matt,

Welcome aboard! I'm glad to hear that the DVD was useful. :thumbup1:

It isn't totally comprehensive though, so feel free to ask any questions that may arise.

-Nick

Nick,

Thanks for the welcome. I read where another DVD is already being talked about. I would like to learn a little more about straight razor products such as strops, hones, and pastes.:001_huh: Also more on method shaving. Just some humble requests.

Matt

Top Bottom