What's new

Aylsworth Razors New Razor Release - Kopparkant

It's not for me is what I was trying to say. It's pretty and I'm sure it's built very well. I have plenty of stuff Made in China!
Wasn't trying to put it down at all. Matter of fact, I specified that whoever likes it, go for it!
Guess I was trying to show that other comparable options existed too. Maybe that was out of place here. I apologize and sorry if it came across the wrong way!
You're okay my good man. There's room for here for all opinions. To each their own.

I just received this email from the Razor Company. They have them in stock now:

And the stand:

By the way, The Razor Company also carries the Drakkant. Add the 10% coupon that I've seen from The Razor Company and you've got some decent deals with either!

Did anyone here get the door crasher deal of getting the free stand?

I was on their page 3 minutes prior to 12pm as I wanted to be one of the first 20. Kept refreshing the page until I saw the KOPPARKANT link and purchased. I later go back to my email and see @ 12:01 an email from Alysworth mentioning the deal. I click the link and there is a separate item listing for the one with the free stand that wasn’t there when I placed my order. My PayPal payment is time stamped at 12:02. I messaged Kaleb and inquired about the free stand and he was saying I didn’t qualify for the free stand. After a few emails back and forth he made an exception to allow me the free stand. Kind of bugs me he’s making me feel like I’m trying to game the system. Honestly when I was on the page at 12:00 there was no “Door Crasher” deal listed only the KOPPARKANT. Prior to 12:00, there was no Kopparkant item listed. Obviously if I saw the DoorCrasher link and the regular Kopparkant link at the same time I would have clicked on the Doorcrasher link. So far he hasn’t admitted it, but I’m thinking the Doorcrasher link wasn’t live until 12:01, and at that time I was almost through checking out with PayPal. So one of the first times being super focused and early almost bit me in the *** and cost me the free stand. 😩

Last edited:
IIRC the Kopparkant has the same head as the original SS.

It does, but the Kopperaknt (currently) comes only with one plate, which is the standard mild plate. The Drakkant on other hand comes with two extra plates - the plus solid bar plate, which is slightly more aggresive and a bit more efficient and the open comb plate, which has the same blade gap and blade exposure as the plus plate, but since it's an open comb it should be both more aggressive and efficient.

I've heard that the owner is planning to create brass plus and open comb plates for the Kopperant at some point, but I think you can just buy the stainless steel plates and use them with the brass top cap.

I really like my Drakkant plus, but I wish they had a polished version of it. I might polish it myself at some point.

Bump!
Well, I ordered one. I guess I'll eat my own words now where I originally said that I wouldn't buy one!😟
I saw that they now have it with a "plus" plate and decided to try it out. The plate is 0.99mm gap & 0.125mm exposure!
Ever since I got my brass Yates and Timeless bronze I've gotten the bug for razors with those materials. The Kopparkant with the plus plate fits the bill with the material, specs and excellent price. I'll update again when I receive and use it!

Bump!
Well, I ordered one. I guess I'll eat my own words now where I originally said that I wouldn't buy one!😟
I saw that they now have it with a "plus" plate and decided to try it out. The plate is 0.99mm gap & 0.125mm exposure!
Ever since I got my brass Yates and Timeless bronze I've gotten the bug for razors with those materials. The Kopparkant with the plus plate fits the bill with the material, specs and excellent price. I'll update again when I receive and use it!
Ordered the plus Kopparkant plate as well. Also just received my Yates brass H open comb plate and a SS machined EH hybrid plate (half OC and half SB). Looking forward to my next shave.

Didn't really need to buy it as I already have a Drakkant regular, plus and OC plate and the Kopparkant will shave just like the plus plate. The day the plus plate was released I decided to try the Drakkant OC baseplate, with yJopparkant. I wasn't sure if they were compatible but they are. Great shave with the OC plate and hope they release a brass OC Kopparkant plate next.

Last edited:
Ordered the plus Kopparkant plate as well. Also just received my Yates brass H open comb plate and a SS machined EH hybrid plate (half OC and half SB). Looking forward to my next shave.

Didn't really need to buy it as I already have a Drakkant regular, plus and OC plate and the Kopparkant will shave just like the plus plate. The day the plus plate was released I decided to try the Drakkant OC baseplate, with yJopparkant. I wasn't sure if they were compatible but they are. Great shave with the OC plate and hope they release a brass OC Kopparkant plate next.
That's funny, my Yates brass OC "M" plate is out for delivery today. I'll be shaving with that tonight!
I know the Drakkant & Kopparkant are cross compatible, but do they really shave the same?
The blade gaps & blade exposure are the same but the head geometries are different. Looking at the side profile, of the head, they look different. Also the Drakkant has a scalloped safety bar but the Kopparkant doesn't. And the fact that one is brass and the other stainless has to make a difference as well. I would think?

That's funny, my Yates brass OC "M" plate is out for delivery today. I'll be shaving with that tonight!
I know the Drakkant & Kopparkant are cross compatible, but do they really shave the same?
The blade gaps & blade exposure are the same but the head geometries are different. Looking at the side profile, of the head, they look different. Also the Drakkant has a scalloped safety bar but the Kopparkant doesn't. And the fact that one is brass and the other stainless has to make a difference as well. I would think?
I'm sure there are differences. I'll be able to to an in depth comparison it arrives. I'll use the standard Drakkant plus plate and the Kopparkant plus plate both on the same razor.

Just picked up my Aylsworth Kopparkant plus plate razor at the UPS store. What a beautiful razor! And the finish on this thing is immaculate!
It'll be used for today's shave:

full

full

full

full

I picked up a plus plate and it's on the way. I really really hope is significantly more efficient than the regular plate because the regular plate is totally useless for me. I haven't used it since the first week I got it. I've been waiting on the plus plate release.

Having had reservations due to the mildness of its normal plate, I was skeptical about the Kopparkant plus plate. However, it proved me wrong and left me thoroughly impressed! The plus plate is undoubtedly top-tier, boasting an exceptional 10/10 efficiency-to-smoothness ratio. I will put this razor up against anything. Not only does this razor deliver impeccable performance, but it also earns top marks in aesthetics, value, and build quality, all at a perfect 10/10. Can't recommend enough!!!!

Top Bottom