What's new

Awesome "found" stone passaround signup

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Eight folks in the draw. I will be flipping a coin three times, cutting the list in half each time.
Heads - top half stays
Tails - bottom half stays

Starting point
1.) GolFisHunt - MI
2.) newb - NY
3.) TimS - RI
7.) joamo - NE
8.) bluesman7 - CO
9.) dfoulk - AZ
10.) CFrankC - WA
11.) JBjunior - AK

Flip-1 : Heads
1.) GolFisHunt - MI
2.) newb - NY
3.) TimS - RI
7.) joamo - NE

8.) bluesman7 - CO
9.) dfoulk - AZ
10.) CFrankC - WA
11.) JBjunior - AK

Flip-2 : Tails
1.) GolFisHunt - MI
2.) newb - NY

3.) TimS - RI
7.) joamo - NE

8.) bluesman7 - CO
9.) dfoulk - AZ
10.) CFrankC - WA
11.) JBjunior - AK

Flip-3 : Tails
1.) GolFisHunt - MI
2.) newb - NY
3.) TimS - RI

7.) joamo - NE

8.) bluesman7 - CO
9.) dfoulk - AZ
10.) CFrankC - WA
11.) JBjunior - AK

And so you have it..... joamo is the lucky winner!! :a50:

Congrats to joamo, and thanks everybody for participating. Thank you also to Rockviper for handling the draw!

...and he told me that a lot of people suggest not using linen on edges from Thuri type stones.

I have never ever heard of that. I'll also say that that I've shaved off a ton of edges finished on Thuris and dressed on all kinds of linen without issue.
But, well - whatever works. :)

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I've heard that, here and there on the forums. I tried it and found I like my Thuri edges (and all edges for that matter) best after a good canvas or linen stropping.
YMMV of course.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Best I can remember someone found that in an old barbers manual or something and it floated around for a couple months.

Ahhhh - yes, correct. Now I remember. I had dismissed it as b/s long ago.

It was a seriously questionable bit of 'advice' printed on a label by an ancient Thuri distributor...

As far as the linen, I don't really use it at all. I have been using a homemade denim strop for quite some time now. I really only use it for cleaning debris or moisture from the blade. On a new edge, I give it about 5 laps on the denim strop just to be sure there's no grit particles remaining on the razor. I haven't really noticed a whole lot of difference in edge quality either way though.

I just got back from a deployment and the stone was/will be in the next few minutes by my wife, sent off today to Joamo. He was most patient.

Top Bottom