What's new

Auto Drip Brewers - Which One and Why?

I searched the threads in this section but find no real consensus regarding auto drip brewers.

Sure, purists make coffee one cup at a time, or in a French press, or in a Vac Pot from the Thirties, or their Grandma's percolator, but the rest of us with lives need a pot for our self and to stave off those looking to murder us at dawn if there is no coffee in the pot.

If you can relate, what do you use?

I expect the answers to cluster around a few other brewers, but I like my Capresso ST600. Which was purchased based on its appearance and reported ability to reach correct water temperature needed for proper brewing. I have been happy with its performance, even after starting to home roast and drinking more pour-overs, espresso, AeroPress, etc. Lately it has been used less and less because of using more single cup brewing methods and changes in daily habits, but I am not disappointed when I use it. The thermal carafe still works well many years later. The brewer is tall and takes up space, so its size and appearance may not work in everyone's kitchen. This model has been discontinued, I think because it had a low SWMBO/WAF due to its appearance. Looks like some refurb models are available at reduced price.
proxy.php

I've used Bunn commercial brewers for most of my life.

This is the latest one which is #4 in a long list of them

proxy.php

Way too impactical for me - don't question the results though - My Wilbur Curtis Alpha is similar...

$Curtis Alpha.jpg

Top Bottom