What's new

Astra SP - No nicks!

I've only got 7 shavette shaves under my belt, but my last two shaves were a great improvement. I had been using the Derby blades that came included, but just started using a sample pack.

I feel like the Astra blades were less smooth, but I don't have much experience to go on yet. Either way, I didn't get a single nick since using them compared to up to 5 with the Derby's so that must say something (my technique still sucks).

Lots of folks on here love Astra, and I've found them to be pretty smooth. Stick with them, they'll be great.

I don't use a shavette, but Astra SPs are my favorite blade in my Superspeed. I've been alternating between Astras and Voskhods, and I find Voskhods similar to Astras, but not quite as sharp. Astras are #1 for me.

One thing I noticed is that the corners are ever so slightly rounded over unlike the Derby blades. This is probably one of the biggest reasons I'm not slicing my face to pieces. Now that I have the sample pack I'll for sure be ditching the Derby. Before I even bought the shavette I read all kinds of hate about them.

They work okay for my cheeks, but that's about it! I'm just excited to finally be making some progress. It seemed shave 2-5 was going backwards. :thumbup:

I am I using Astra in my HD 34c now and I like it...smooth and reasonably sharp...and used Derby's before that...not as smooth....

Top Bottom