What's new

Astra Keramik

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I tried my first Keramik this morning. Sharp yes. Longivity, don't know yet. I will try to use my pack of Keramik before I review them!

Before I went to the Feathers I liked the Astra's the most.
I have used the Keramics and the Platinums, but they were very similar in my super adjustable.

I wanted to like the Keramiks... I really did, but they cut me. I don't know why, but I had bad experiences with all the Astras.

I wanted to like the Keramiks... I really did, but they cut me. I don't know why, but I had bad experiences with all the Astras.

Initially had a similar problem with the superiors in a slant (never a problem with keramiks).

Started using the superiors again and the cuts completely stopped. It does take time to find the sweet spot as opposed to other blades. Keep with it -- beard prep is critical. Added tea tree oil to a preshave oil which has completely eliminated cuts.

Stay with the astras.

Initially had a similar problem with the superiors in a slant (never a problem with keramiks).

Started using the superiors again and the cuts completely stopped. It does take time to find the sweet spot as opposed to other blades. Keep with it -- beard prep is critical. Added tea tree oil to a preshave oil which has completely eliminated cuts.

Stay with the astras.

Perhaps I'll revisit - but I gave all mine away so I'll have to get some more in the future.

I got shave no 7 out of a Keramik this morning :w00t:

Comfortable DFS from my usual 2 and half passes.I never got 7 shaves out of a blade before, usually 4/5 at best.

I think it is now probably past its best but there was no pulling,just didn't feel as good/sharp towards the end.
(Of course YMMV)

I declare these to be a great blade :smile:

I feel a visit to Ercan at melyus.com coming on and stockpile AD

I just tried a Keramik for the first time in my HD Slant today, and I must say it's the best razor/blade combination I've ever tried! The shave it gave me rivaled my Dovo straight, and only took half the time. Ordered 100 this morning, I really hope these aren't going to disappear forever.

Top Bottom