What's new

Astra Blades...

For today's shave, I decided to use an Astra Superior Platinum blade. One that I haven't used in a while. I used it with my Edwin Jagger DE-89. Needless to say, it was an excellent shave.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

As always for me too.

proxy.php

+2 for me. I always go back to this blade as a good standard for my beard. I know what to expect and use it when I’m trying a different razor.
Plus they are cheap too!

I bought some when I started de shaving. Didn't like them, but I thought since it seemed like everybody was singing their praises, it must be my technique, so I revisited them often. I finally gave up. They don't work for me. Rough and irritating. GSB, Israeli reds, Dorco Prime, Supermax Blue Diamond, and others work better for me. I know Astras are excellent blades, just not for me.
YMMV is alive and well.

I find them mediocre, but I guess it's a case of YMMV. For me Silver Blues and Nacets are where it's at. And Sputnik, which seems to be a SB in different packaging.

I bought a 100-count tuck of them, along with a 100-count tuck of Personna Reds, back in early 2017. the Astra seem to give me slightly better results, but YMMV. I am currently using them exclusively in the FFFM challenge.

Been using 'em for years. Just got a 100 pack of the new laser engraved ones....I'm getting slightly better shaves!
Definitely one of my top two, the other being GSB.

Astra Superior Stainless vs
ASTRA SUPERIOR PLATINUM

Can you guys tell me the difference beside price ?

My notes seem to indicate that I found the Superior Stainless was rougher with a bit more bite. I used the blade in my 6S and felt it might work differently in a different razor. I find some blades act much kinder in some razors and therefore try to pair a razor and blade that work well.

Top Bottom