What's new

AshleyC Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
B&B Interviews - Meet member AshleyC

1000001641.png

@AshleyC has been a member of Badger and Blade since November 25, 2018

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

Started off with the Microtouch One probably 2013, and the RAD took me. Back when everyone's "grail" was a Fatboy. B&B kept popping up in searches. I posted under a different name back then. I remember answering "How International Were You Today?" with, "I haven't felt this international since I had to spank my housekeeper." [an old Martin Mull one-liner]

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

I've been a newspaper reporter, then went active duty Army, Field Artillery. Most recently I did electrical, plumbing, painting, etc. for finished basements.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

Southwestern Ohio, so it is less about geographic uniqueness and more about Skyline Chilli, Grippos barbecue potato chips, and LaRosa's Pizza.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Honestly...Hinton, West Virginia. Stayed at an Airbnb there two years ago. County seat, population 2,266. It is still the 1980s down there.

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

Besides the obvious one, lately it has been cycling and listening to audiobooks.

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?

The Shining is my favorite horror movie and the idea just hit me. I use Lloyd everywhere, not just here, and I routinely get people saying stuff like, "A little slow tonight, isn't it?"

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

George Washington, on his deathbed. I read that he died worrying about the future of America. I think George deserves a PowerPoint presentation telling him he did well and things turned out pretty good.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

I'd like to drive Route 66 from Chicago to the Pacific.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

My platoon built several "traffic control points" on roads leading into Baghdad, designed so Iraqi police could search and stop car bombers from getting in. One day they tried to sneak a couple of suicide cars in. One got in on a road not yet blocked and detonated on Iraqi civilians, including children. The other one was stopped by a TCP me and the boys only completed the night before. His bomb didn't kill anyone.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

Don't sweat the small stuff.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

The ability to drive while coordinating my departure time and variations in speed so I arrive at every traffic light green.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

My German Shepherd, Buckeye, is living the Life of Riley. Looks like a pretty good deal to me. I don't get that much sleep.

13. What kind of music do you like?

Classic rock, 80s music, and I've been listening to classic jazz a lot while shaving, lately.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

Definitely not Lloyd. Probably Indiana Jones. In an unrelated aside, I once bought a new pair of Alden 405 boots. I have no idea why...

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

"It Could be Worse"

@AshleyC, first and formost thank you for your service.

Secondly, I did Route 66 and I highly recommend you follow through on your dream. I did it in 4 legs over 5 years. I want to do it again in one long trip.

Finally, I love the 80's too. I'll have to check out Hinton, WV. Maybe I'll run into Mr. Furley and the kids.

Best Regards!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Thanks for letting us see you! I'll second the Route 66; been on parts of it but not the whole mahooha. Do it on two wheels, though!

I chuckled; I was in the Army first then became a reporter.

O.H.

Top Bottom