What's new

Artist club or a badger fight?

I haven't broke out my straights for awhile (been on a SE razor kick) so I thought I would use my new AC feather. Well it was smooth and I knew I had a few bad landings but when I was done I had weepers all over! I splashed on the cold water thinking this would stop the blood loss. Well it didnt. Now where did I put the styptic pencil? I hadn't used it in a while so it had drifted into the back of the cabinet under some extra tubes of toothpaste. Rubbed this all over my face...ouch! I haven't had this feeling in a very long time. Oh the burning.

I might just grab an angry badger next time...it may leave less damage.

Wowsers! Facial sushi was made? Sorry about that! I imagine the poor guy at the Badger Brush factory who has to shave the Badgers gets pretty beat up! :lol:

In my experience, it is a characteristic of the Artist Club blade that the first two shaves are harsher, until the blade settles down to optimum performance and stays there for another 8 shaves before it starts to deteriorate.

The initial shave can somewhat be improved by palm stropping, which is not quite as dangerous as it may sound, but the whole thing demonstrates to me the fallacy of replacing a blade after a single shave, as the blade would never have a chance to reach its best performance.

And yes, a well maintained true straight razor is gentler and more forgiving.

B.

Top Bottom