What's new

arko shave soap.

IMHO it's not as good as Tabac, it is good though. The only thing I don't like is I feel like after using it my skin feels a little bit dry. Also not my favorite scent (neither is Tabac), although I don't think it is as bad as some make it out to be.

It's a good soap at an excellent price point. I find the scent to be ok and the slickness and cushion to be above average but it's a drying soap so might turn off some. It's not top shelf but it's great for its price point and competes with some mid range soaps very well.

Tabac and MWF top it slightly because of slickness/post shave feel, but I have a couple expensive soaps that don't. I actually love the scent, as well.

Arko is great soap and will always have a place in my shave den (especially since it is going to take me a long time to get through all 12 sticks). I love it as a travel soap. However, it is a bit drying. A good ASB will take care of that is a jiffie, so it is not a big deal to me. There are better soaps out there, but I have yet to find another soap that performs as well near that price point. Williams comes the closest of the soaps I have tried so far, but it isn't quite as cheap.

Yay, Arko!

I had a tub of Arko. It was okay, but I usually used other soaps. Binned it after it collected enough dust to plant potatoes.

Kinda missed it after a year or so. Wanted to give it another try. Got the Arko in stick form.

I like it way better as a stick than from the tub. I'm sure I am better at lathering now, but the stick works for me better.

Long story short, if you don't care for something now, save it, and try it again later. You may find that you really do like it.

The stick also lost some of its scent. I think it smells like Pez candy.

I have Nuavia, MdC, SV's etc

But I just bought a one dozen box of Arko. That's how much I value Arko. It will never leave my den.

I just pulled the trigger on a 12 pack on Amazon for under $13. If you're up on current events in Turkey, you know why.

It's a good soap at an excellent price point. I find the scent to be ok and the slickness and cushion to be above average but it's a drying soap so might turn off some. It's not top shelf but it's great for its price point and competes with some mid range soaps very well.

I think s good comparison is that Arko is like named brand canned vegetables. Not as good as frozen. Not as good as fresh. But pretty darned good for everyday for the most part.

When I first got arko,it smelled like laundry detergent. Now it smells lemony. I really have no idea where people got the urinal puck smell from. Arko smells good enough for me that I have to smell it every time I walk past the bathroom.

I think s good comparison is that Arko is like named brand canned vegetables. Not as good as frozen. Not as good as fresh. But pretty darned good for everyday for the most part.

It would be a soap I could use for the rest of my life and be happy using knowing I'm getting a good shave for next to nothing.:thumbup1:

When I first got arko,it smelled like laundry detergent. Now it smells lemony. I really have no idea where people got the urinal puck smell from. Arko smells good enough for me that I have to smell it every time I walk past the bathroom.

It's kind of a mystery to me too since urinal pucks tend to have more of a floral scent to them from what I can tell... I mean not that I go around trying to evaluating the fragrance notes of urinal pucks...:lol:

Tabac and MWF top it slightly because of slickness/post shave feel, but I have a couple expensive soaps that don't. I actually love the scent, as well.

Agreed but Arko would beat MWF, blindfolded with it's hands tied behind it's back when it comes to ease of latherability :thumbup:

Yes sir, Arko is amazeballs, no doubt about it.

I love everything about Arko: the scent; ease of lathering; the cushion; the slickness; and the price. I always use A/S and a moisturiser, so I don't actually know whether it has a drying effect on my skin.

I regularly use a Palmolive shave stick, which I think produces a slightly better cushion, but I still think Arko tops it by a whisker.

Got some MWF the other day, but am holding off trying it until I 3017 my current Arko stick. It cost 10 times the price of the Arko, but I can't imagine it will be 10 times better.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I use Arko exclusively as a travel soap. I love the smell. It smells clean. Like ivory soap. I travel extensively. Sometimes for weeks. And use Arko on the road 90%. But I never use it at home. As others have noted there are just too many other good soaps.

Top Bottom