What's new

Are there "must-have" brushes?

The Rooney 3,1 in Super is just about the best all around brush going. But if there is a must-have, I think I would recommend the Rooney Heritage Emillion.

There is a cult following for this brush. It's as dense as a Costa Rican rain forest and as soft as the velvet is a Gillette Aristocrat box. It is superb for creams and soaps, and is the most luxurious brush I've ever felt on my skin. A bit more expensive than the 3,1, but I've never felt a brush like it.

I'm going to have to post my favorite brush. Works well with both creams and soaps...not super dense, not too soft, not too scrirtchy, great size...the Simpsons T2 with 2 band super hair. If I had to eliminate all but one, this would be it.

I want one of these. Someone on another forum managed to find one about a week ago.

If only I would've pulled the trigger a year or so ago... since there isn't likely to be another one made at Vulfix.

Honestly its almost impossible to say. As Ive gone from soaps to creams my taste in brushes has changed too. If I HAD to pick one of my lot its would be........The Kent BK4. Its floppy but still works great with soaps. Its the cats PJs. Not that Ive ever seen a cat wear PJs.

You need at least one Simpson (Chubby, PJ2 or T2?) and if you feel like splashing out, a 2-band HMW Plisson in horn would be a nice addition.

Honestly its almost impossible to say. As Ive gone from soaps to creams my taste in brushes has changed too. If I HAD to pick one of my lot its would be........The Kent BK4. Its floppy but still works great with soaps. Its the cats PJs. Not that Ive ever seen a cat wear PJs.

I love mine, too. It is floppy, but boy, does it work well with both creams and (especially) with soaps.

This is so subjective... and difficult!

I have a Rooney 3/1 in Finest, and it's not my favorite brush. A bit too firm. Perhaps a super would have suited me better?

My Shavemac (looks like silvertip, doesn't say) is hands down best VALUE. Fabulous brush, not much money.

My Simpson PL8, 2-banded super, is spectacularly good. But try to find one.

Also love my Simpson Chubby 1 Best.

I often reach for a PL2S as well...

My three favorite brushes have already been mentioned but here they are again in no particular order as I really enjoy all three.

Simpson Tulip 2 super
Simpson Polo 8 best
Rooney 3/1 super

You can't go wrong with any of these.

Just looking for a list, in part self-interestedly, but also in part just to create one.

I've got a Rooney 3/1, a Kent BK4, an Omega 6215, and a C&E BBB. I feel a bit of SBAD coming on and am trying to decide if I pull the trigger, what trigger to pull. My favorite of the bunch is probably the Rooney, though the Omega with creams is fantastic. I was toying with either SR3824 or maybe Shavemac (e.g., a 177); but, I'm really trying to see what everyone thinks are the must-haves. Frederik's & Bob's Polo recommendations are intriguing, though I was also thinking around the $100-ish mark plus or minus. Frederik also noted the lingering questions about whether the production quality will stay up to par, though I think I'm seeing a trend toward "yes" (?). Granted there's a heapin' helping of YMMV involved, as Bruce correctly notes; but, there also appear to be some consensus winners (e.g., the Rooney 3/1). Thanks all!

I'd say try a Shavemac out next, then. Great value in their brushes.

Top Bottom