What's new

Are Astra blades still a top choice?

I've finally tried the Astra SS and they are a very fine blade. However, I think the Nacets are just a little better. Not sure if they're worth the extra cost over the Astra SS (almost double from what I've seen), but worth it in their own right.

You can get a pack of 100 Nacets for $14 on amazon, add a soap or a brush and the shipping is free. Depending on how many shaves you get out of every blade and how often you shave thats like 1.5 years worth of shaving.

I don't think blade brand is where to cut costs, find a blade you really like and stock up :pipe:

Last edited:
For me? Yes. They represent the best value.
They’re a very good value for me as well. I usually get 6-7 shaves from each blade. I think I only paid $7 for 100 of the SS blades and $10 for 100 of the SP blades. When I originally ordered I got 100 of the SS blades and 200 of the SP blades for $27 for about 6 years of Astra blades. Not counting the about 10 years worth of other blades (mainly GSBs)

I like the astras a lot. I consider a lot equivalent and very good and really only notice certain less sharp ones. I really can’t tell difference with astra and the various Gillette’s from Russia. I’ve done blind shaves and couldn’t tell.

I like the astras a lot. I consider a lot equivalent and very good and really only notice certain less sharp ones. I really can’t tell difference with astra and the various Gillette’s from Russia. I’ve done blind shaves and couldn’t tell.
This is is sort of how I felt on my first try with both the Astra SS and Nacet. Since I shave my head, I don't like using the same blade more than twice (once for each edge). Shaving my head wears a blade down sooner than just my face. To be fair, I used the Nacet with a different, newer razor I was not accustomed to. This could have potentially lead to my shave not being as adequate as normal. I will retest and see if there is a larger margin of difference for me or not.

They are Cheap decent blades. Great for learning. I find Voskhod a bit smoother and generally prefer them but they are close in comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom