What's new

Archiving straight razors

Yesterday I spent some time trying to find another display cabinet to put in my razor room. Finding a nice one that matches the existing furniture and doesn't cost the equivalent of a small African country's GNP isn't easy. This morning I woke up and realised that my approach had been totally wrong. My problem isn't that I don't have enough room for my rotation, but that my rotation is way too large. It's a luxury problem, but also kind of a stressful one. So this morning at 06:30 local time I began archiving the razors I knew that I probably wouldn't shave with and that I didn't need to have on display as historical artefacts. Among them several pristine C.V.H. M.K. 29, 30, 31 and 32 in ivory. I put them in a drawer in wardrobe where they are easily accessible when I feel like changing my rotation, and/or my display razors, that still consists of +125 razors.

To the descendent of Raffles, the British Victorian gentleman burglar, I'd like to add the they still are stored in a room with security locks on the windows and a surveillance camera that is watched 24-7.

20191103_093851.jpg

I think the cost of the display isn't the issue. It's the SR addiction that has clearly taken over. Grin! Nice collection.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

To the descendent of Raffles, the British Victorian gentleman burglar, I'd like to add the they still are stored in a room with security locks on the windows and a surveillance camera that is watched 24-7.

Arne!!! I dont know of such a gentleman, but you only need a lock pick some bolt croppers & a wifi jammer. That's the razors sorted and in a new loving home. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: The best Defence to your security system is simple you want two of these You and the Cub would be very happy and Fit.....:001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:

hqdefault.jpg

And falling that you have my Address you could send them over you know I would look after them and I have my own guard dogs so it makes sense

20190904_141500.jpg

Gluttony! I wouldn't want to be embarrassed by displaying how many razors I had, either. Plus, out of sight, out of mind, so I wouldn't be inhibited from purchasing more. Very nice collection, Arne.

Well I guess that I shouldn't post any photos of the razors that still are in my rotation, but then again Dorko, Puma, Thiers Issard, Wacker and Ralf Aust are very much overrated.

Well I guess that I shouldn't post any photos of the razors that still are in my rotation,

Now you're being coy, very obviously we want to see that given the fascination elicited by the archive portion. Preferably in great detail and from several angles :)

Now you're being coy, very obviously we want to see that given the fascination elicited by the archive portion. Preferably in great detail and from several angles :)
It would take more than one photography to fit in the Puma razors.

It would take more than one photography to fit in the Puma razors.
As if that makes us less curious! Luckily, in this digital age, film and development are no constraint. Of course time might be more so, if you do find a spare moment someday and don't mind sharing, I doubt I'm the only one who'd enjoy a tour of the world's preeminent Puma and CVH collection...

Arne im totally with you.....the razors i use regularly are in the beautiful wooden storage box my wife made for me, my "need servicing" razors in a big old wooden library card file cabinet and my customs, which i dont use often, are in individual cases in my wardrobe. So everytime i get a razor i just need to figure out which section it goes to, simple....lol.

It is a big problem to put aside some razors infact not a problem it is agony. I can not leave them abondened. I was forced to be away from any sharp object and wet shaving for nearly 9 months by my oncologist. Even through those bad days I always took care of them they did not need though. Now this week is the end of restiriction. But now this time storing problem occured because my caninet is full and I ordered four new razors to celebrate the end of treatment. There are some that I can sell but as long as they are with me they sure are in my rotation list.

Attachments

• F6F78ABF-A92D-48A0-A6FB-B467D4C19EB5.jpeg
    F6F78ABF-A92D-48A0-A6FB-B467D4C19EB5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • DFC17FB7-5313-433D-A4E4-8AC3DE7CCEFF.jpeg
    DFC17FB7-5313-433D-A4E4-8AC3DE7CCEFF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 420DD5EA-FDD8-49EB-9B04-0C7EF754B735.jpeg
    420DD5EA-FDD8-49EB-9B04-0C7EF754B735.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Hallo Sir, very nice collection of straight razors. I saw one ERN on the right side and just wonder haw does it shave, since mine ERN NOS 786 got lost by posts.

Top Bottom