What's new

Aquatic/Oceanic/Mariner Scents

Just cracked a sample of Stone Cottage Soapworks "Fresh Ocean". Fantastic scent, along with all the other samples I received. Now, it is a cream, but it fits with the thread topic.

I didn't see it mentioned... How about Razorock Aqua?

I have never smelled this, but it has aqua as a name. Anyone have experience with this soap?
I had a nice little aquatic shave today. I used RazoRock’s Aqua for the first time and really enjoyed it. It’s got a bite similar to Cat O Nine Tails. I can’t find any reviews. I think this is a very under rated AS. The whole shave was understated. Ocean Grove has a great clean scent that doesn’t linger but I had a nice face feel all day with this combo. Very very enjoyable.

52DB02A2-32C4-444A-A248-8CBE4367FEE3.jpeg

(Haslinger Meeresalgen/Seaweed)...How would you describe the scent, if I might ask? I hadn't thought about seaweed as an ocean scent. Figured it smelled like seaweed (a kinda odd smelling, waterlogged plant, maybe)...
Haslinger scents are all on the mild side. The performance is the star of the show. The scent reminds me of regular bath soap with a marine fragrance. I think the seaweed name comes from seaweed extracts added to the soap, which is supposed to be good for the skin.

La Toja smells like fresh laundry drying in the sun close to the sea. The mineral salts are there, but I don't get a powder scent from it.

clothes1.jpeg

I was just about to mention deep blue sea from Stirling. I also consider SV 70th an aquatic type scent.

A couple I'm really liking the smell of that haven't been mentioned as much are Catie's Bubbles Le Marche Du Rasage and Captains Choice Venture. Also really like Lakeshore Drive by Shannon's Soaps.

Consider M&M Gael Laoch.

Description from their site:
"Scent Strength: Light/Medium
Top: Bergamot, Lemon, Pepper
Middle: Pepper, Rose, Peppermint
Base: Sandalwood, Vetiver, Patchouli, Lavandin
Notes: An aquatic accord with hints of zesty citrus and fresh/green mint, some may recognize this fragrance as an homage to Creed's 'Viking' (no affiliation)."

Davidoff Cool Water. Really? I’m the first? Lol.
Was very happy to discover that it comes in aftershave formula.
It’s the real deal. 0600-noon smells like 1988 now. :-D

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
B&M Waves arrived today...a fresh, clean scent...very nice. Captains Choice Venture has not come yet, but I have the aftershave. It's phenomenal! Not quite sure it's an aquatic/mariner scent though. Supposed to be a Creed Aventus knockoff. But, however you categorize it, it is now one of my favorite scents!

I just got some 1805 in the mail today. Amazing scent - which to me smells like a fresh clean ocean breeze.

Also something that to me smells like a cool mountain stream (does that count as aquatic?)is colonel conk Rio grande lavender natural AS lotion. Random I know. But the scent is really quite refreshing and to me evokes fresh clean water. As a balm it is surprisingly fantastic too.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Shannon' Soaps has introduced a new soap base called Rust Belt Reserve. The first scent released in this soap base is an aquatic scent called Lakeshore Drive. Since Shannon lives in Cleveland, the scent is supposed to be reminiscent of the waters of Lake Erie: fresh, but also dirty. The scent notes are:eek:zonic notes meet bergamot, orange, and neroli, and are rounded out with notes of labdanum, bay, and coumarin.

Top Bottom