What's new

Aquatic/Oceanic/Mariner Scents

List your favorite aquatic, oceanic, mariner soap scents. Aaaand go!

Have Mariner from Zingari Man as a balm. Awesome scent but curious about similar smelling soaps. Thanks.

Haslinger’s seaweed: great performer with a mild scent.
@BigJ ... How would you describe the scent, if I might ask? I hadn't thought about seaweed as an ocean scent. Figured it smelled like seaweed (a kinda odd smelling, waterlogged plant, maybe). This could be on my to try list then (along with their Sandalwood which I recently heard is spicy like Proraso, just lighter scented).

Thanks.

@BigJ ... How would you describe the scent, if I might ask? I hadn't thought about seaweed as an ocean scent. Figured it smelled like seaweed (a kinda odd smelling, waterlogged plant, maybe). This could be on my to try list then (along with their Sandalwood which I recently heard is spicy like Proraso, just lighter scented).

Thanks.

First, the point of Haslinger’s is performance: cushion, protection, post-shave feel, etc!

Scents are all mild and fleeting. That said, to me it smells like seaweed found on an ocean beach.

Black Ship Grooming Calypso's Curse and Tortuga Both are very nice but of the two, Tortuga has a sweeter smell.

I wanted to try their Siren's song as well but my order got screwed up and they sent me Captain Darkside instead which kind of smells like an old boot with a with a mildewed sock in it. :mad3:

Stirling has polo blue and acqua di gio clones but I wasn’t a huge fan of the performance. Also couldn’t get past the underlying tallow scent. But I’m in the minority.

The only cologne or eu de toilette that I have that could be considered nautical is Nautical Blue. A nice fresh clean scent that takes you out on that 50' catamaran with the hydrofoils so you can literally fly.

I like both of these:

Barrister and Mann Waves (Reserve base)
Shannon's Soaps Lakeshore Drive (premium goat's milk base)
Got a sample of Shannon's Lakeshore/Rustbelt with a razor purchase, and recently tried it out. Difficult to load the brush from the tiny little sample dish, but it lathered fine, was plenty slick and smelled nice - nothing like the Mistake on the Lake itself.
Too small to bother with again, I incorporated it into a frankensoap I was trying to make work, and the scent + slickness prevailed. I've got a 2nd sample of it & it's on my list to buy someday.

Haslinger’s seaweed: great performer with a mild scent.

Yes, yes, yes!

Such a clean, wonderful aquatic scent that isn’t overbearing. I’m not sure too many people know what seaweed smells like since it’s usually mixed in with their sushi roll. Or they have a vision of it rotting on the beach.

I have a saltwater fish tank and my tangs love dried seaweed. It smells absolutely wonderful from the package!

I remember The Kracken being a fantastic scent. Anybody know of one that’s very similar by chance, now that Micky Lee Soapworks is closing? Thanks!

Top Bottom