Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Waves does not smell aquatic to me

What do you get from the scent?

I've used Midnight & Two The Coast.

IMG_2914.JPG IMG_2909.jpg IMG_2910.jpg

What did it smell like to me?

The scent is something I've been thinking about since I first opened the tub. The very first thing to come to mind when I opened it and said to my nephew was, "Dill Pickle potato chips", no lie lol. When I smelled it and thought about it I could see the "10 mile long beach with everything on that beach compressed into this little tin" and thats how I rationalized it.

Today I tried doing the same but all I could think of was;

+

Whats that black stuff? Pine Tar. Or maybe Turpentine lol. Either way this soap is going back whence it came because my nephew likes it well enough.

List your favorite aquatic, oceanic, mariner soap scents. Aaaand go!

Have Mariner from Zingari Man as a balm. Awesome scent but curious about similar smelling soaps. Thanks.

Don't know of any oceanic scents, but I love your avatar. Keep On Truckin' !

Yes, yes, yes!

Such a clean, wonderful aquatic scent that isn’t overbearing. I’m not sure too many people know what seaweed smells like since it’s usually mixed in with their sushi roll. Or they have a vision of it rotting on the beach.

Sounds interesting, especially since aquatic fragrances are not common among traditional shaving gear.

I like AOS Ocean Kelp and B&M Oceanna, to me they both smell like a morning breeze off the Atlantic.

I ordered the preshave gel and aftershave to try.

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Haslinger’s seaweed: great performer with a mild scent.
hmmmm thanks @BigJ ordered it getting tomorrow
Stirling has polo blue and acqua di gio clones but I wasn’t a huge fan of the performance. Also couldn’t get past the underlying tallow scent. But I’m in the minority.
Polo blue from stirling is on sale. I ordered some the other day not sure if its still in stock

Worth Consideration:
Cold River Soap Works Colonia Mediterranea
Oleo Soapworks Shiloh (similar to Aqua di Parma Colonia)
Chiseled Face Trade Winds and/or Italian Summer

I didn't see it mentioned... How about Razorock Aqua?

I have never smelled this, but it has aqua as a name. Anyone have experience with this soap?

Van Der Hagen Luxury has an aquatic scent. It blends well with the shea and mango. I'm not a fan of the way it lathers (the puck seems to never get soft and my lathers are always on the thin, but slick, side), but I can't fault the scent.

I am a big fan of aquatics (I bought a few B&M Oceanna to stash when I heard it was discontinued, I was so bummed).

Two to add would be:
Meißner Tremonia Salty Sea Sage
Catie’s Bubbles Le Marche du Rasage

Top Bottom