What's new

Aqua Velva Musk found

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Found a bottle of Aqua Velva Musk in my cabinet the other day. I’ve used it twice now and received compliments from both Mrs. OldSaw and our 17 year old exchange student. It’s probably somewhere between 5-10 years old. Plastic bottle, so not vintage.
IMG_8706.jpeg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
It tops the other drug store aftershaves but I don't see it any longer.
I bought a few when they were switching to the plastic, maybe 2010?
I'm down to the last unopened glass bottle, shucks.

full

It tops the other drug store aftershaves but I don't see it any longer.
I bought a few when they were switching to the plastic, maybe 2010?
I'm down to the last unopened glass bottle, shucks.

full
I've seen it at my local walmarts fairly regularly, but it does seem to move out as certain stores will be out of stock every other time I visit. I think it's available on their website too!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Just received a bottle of AV Musk in the mail. Smells much better once it has had a few minutes to dry down. Someone mentioned a mix of Aqua Velva Blue and Jovan Musk and that is exactly what this stuff smells like. Not a product best judged from the bottle.

It’s some pretty potent stuff. As an aftershave splash, it’s almost too much if splashed on with a palm full like most other drugstore splashes.

I use AV Musk the same way I use many of my vintage powerhouse splashes from the 80’s like Polo Green or Grey Flannel where just a little bit will go a looooong way and can be overwhelming.

I make sure my hands are wet first; and then just a small dollop in the very small bottom portion of my hand. Definitely not a full palm swell, maybe not even a small thimble full. Just enough to barely go on the face and neck with wet hands.

If it’s one of the vintage splashes, A single squirt of the vintage EdC /T on the chest is the perfect finish. AV Musk allows me to squirt on a vintage Musk cologne like Jovan or Coty, etc.

Top Bottom