What's new

APRIL 2018 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clix. Head close but not identical to the Simplex which I think is more aggressive..
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Arrived Thursday, minimal soak in dawn, and light brush with scrubbing bubbles. E2. I question if this Fatboy has ever been used. Doesn’t seem to be original blade pack. There was one of the pictured blades in the razor on arrival. No rust on blade or inside razor head, making it seem to have never been exposed to moisture. Put in a spoiler on 5, 1 of my top shaves ever! Today did 7, will stick with 5! 4B7AB9C4-60DB-4E5B-9684-CB9A95512CD6.jpeg 6C584754-1DB0-48D2-84B3-46482BDDC083.jpeg 91A74A2F-93EC-47D5-8598-6FD4863C2511.jpeg 4386BA31-CA40-4785-9ADB-7251AC59D69E.jpeg
Alignment perfect, and final 1/4 super smooth!

Its been a few months since I had posted anything in the scores section, here are some items that I have gotten over the last few weeks
Merkur 37c (From the BST)
Epsilon Blue Mediterranean after shave (From Maggard's)
Pinaud Clubman VIBR (From Ebay)
Stirling Piacenza soap/splash/balm (From Stirling)
Barrister's Reserve Cool (From the BST)
Yaqi R1730 Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synthetic Shaving Brush (From Amazon)
Astra Superior Platinum (From Amazon)

proxy.php

Just in from Hawaii - Hawaiian Shaving Company's latest two aftershaves - 'Alani Pomelo Kinika (Grapefruit Ginger), and Pepamina 'Alani ( Peppermint Orange), and the latest Hawaiian Koa shave brush - Kukuna o ka La (Ray of the Sun). Story of the brush to follow in Shaving Brush section.

View attachment 875214
Excellent! Love that brush.

Arrived Thursday, minimal soak in dawn, and light brush with scrubbing bubbles. E2. I question if this Fatboy has ever been used. Doesn’t seem to be original blade pack. There was one of the pictured blades in the razor on arrival. No rust on blade or inside razor head, making it seem to have never been exposed to moisture. Put in a spoiler on 5, 1 of my top shaves ever! Today did 7, will stick with 5! View attachment 875912 View attachment 875913 View attachment 875914 View attachment 875915
Alignment perfect, and final 1/4 super smooth!
Congrats! Fatboys do give a great shave. Lately I've been setting mine on 8. I tried a 9 on my last use; it was fine but I like 8 better.

Its been a few months since I had posted anything in the scores section, here are some items that I have gotten over the last few weeks
Merkur 37c (From the BST)
Epsilon Blue Mediterranean after shave (From Maggard's)
Pinaud Clubman VIBR (From Ebay)
Stirling Piacenza soap/splash/balm (From Stirling)
Barrister's Reserve Cool (From the BST)
Yaqi R1730 Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synthetic Shaving Brush (From Amazon)
Astra Superior Platinum (From Amazon)

proxy.php
Fine selections, Chris!

Hi,

Received Monday - Surrey mug, Ever Ready Pure Badger brush, GEM G-Bar razor, Colgate puck. The brush my first vintage brush and is finishing up a spa treatment before first lather.
proxy.php

visited a local antique store (museum) and found some nice Old Spice bottles which I picked up, they also had some vintage razors/blades/brushes (didn't pick up any of those) Had a great day and was pleased with the purchases, the old spice bottle was $4.00 each and still contained a little bit of aftershave and they smell wonderful.
proxy.php
proxy.php

The below 2 photos were items I saw but did not purchase
proxy.php

proxy.php

Hi,

Received Monday - Surrey mug, Ever Ready Pure Badger brush, GEM G-Bar razor, Colgate puck. The brush my first vintage brush and is finishing up a spa treatment before first lather.
proxy.php
Nice haul. I have an Ever-Ready vintage boar which I really like.

visited a local antique store (museum) and found some nice Old Spice bottles which I picked up, they also had some vintage razors/blades/brushes (didn't pick up any of those) Had a great day and was pleased with the purchases, the old spice bottle was $4.00 each and still contained a little bit of aftershave and they smell wonderful.
proxy.php
proxy.php

The below 2 photos were items I saw but did not purchase
proxy.php

proxy.php
Nice bottles, Chris.

Latest acquisition from North Shore Razors - shortened Variant in the colors of the vintage Gibbs. Only three of these shortened Variants in existence (but you can order one any time).
DSC02102.JPG

Today I received the new RazoRock Stainless Steel Game Changer with Radio Knob Handle and filled the cart with RazoRock XXX After Shaving Splash for free shipping. It has been one of those AS that I have been meaning to pick up because I like the soap so much. The razor looks great and seems to be made to very tight & precise tolerances. A real quality product. They even threw in a small little leather holder for the razor which was a very nice touch. I'm excited to break it in this weekend and see how it shaves!
Steve

IMG_9304.jpg

IMG_9305.jpg

IMG_9306.jpg
IMG_9307.jpg

Today was an amazing (Vintage) mail day, the 1st item that came in is a wonderful vintage bottle of AV (6oz) that is more than half full, the smell is close to the Spanish version but smells a tad bit sweeter, very happy with this purchase and it will fit in nicely with some of my other vintage items. The second item is one I have only seen 1 time before being able to make the purchase, AV shave talk and it is almost full. The talc has the same scent as the aftershave and the tin is in wonderful condition.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom