What's new

APRIL 2018 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.

April is here and Springs is beginning to take hold. With the warmer, nicer weather it's a good time to switch to search mode. You know, it....

The Scores await, whether they be in the wild and on line. When you find one, oh does it feel so good!

And when you snag one please let us know.

Because, we all want to see and think ... I need one of THOSE....

Today was my 51st Birthday and I received a nice Edwin Jagger Razor with a 3D Laser Diamond Knurled handle from my family along with a travel case and a 10 pack of Feather blades. Now it just have to take a trip somewhere. Its nice to know I live with a bunch of enablers, or at least a crew that likes to travel!

I also received my misguided Rain Deodorant from the The Sudsy Soapery. They accidentally sent 2 balms when my order initially came, but immediately corrected the situation and delivered the missing product. Great customer service.
Steve
IMG_9044.jpg

IMG_9051.jpg

IMG_9052.jpg

IMG_9053.jpg

This is my "could no leave well enough alone" purchases.

First off, I had a birth year/quarter Super speed but ONLY a birth year Tech Finally found a birth year/quarter Tech in pretty much NOS for a decent price. Second off, after searching for a Neillite and finding one as part of a surprise razor lot that included a Gillette Cavalier, Gem Damaskeene, Gold Fat handle Gem Jr, a Merkur Genco, and a Contact Propeller, I found out that the Neillite had a cracked top cap. I went searching for another one and found a good one from a seller that also had an ER Streamline in the case.

Ron, you were right, there will always be MORE razors to get on my list as razors get crossed off.
DSC02054.JPG

Today was my 51st Birthday and I received a nice Edwin Jagger Razor with a 3D Laser Diamond Knurled handle from my family along with a travel case and a 10 pack of Feather blades. Now it just have to take a trip somewhere. Its nice to know I live with a bunch of enablers, or at least a crew that likes to travel!

I also received my misguided Rain Deodorant from the The Sudsy Soapery. They accidentally sent 2 balms when my order initially came, but immediately corrected the situation and delivered the missing product. Great customer service.
Steve
View attachment 872416
View attachment 872417
View attachment 872418
View attachment 872419
You are a lucky man I do believe, Steve.

This is my "could no leave well enough alone" purchases.

First off, I had a birth year/quarter Super speed but ONLY a birth year Tech Finally found a birth year/quarter Tech in pretty much NOS for a decent price. Second off, after searching for a Neillite and finding one as part of a surprise razor lot that included a Gillette Cavalier, Gem Damaskeene, Gold Fat handle Gem Jr, a Merkur Genco, and a Contact Propeller, I found out that the Neillite had a cracked top cap. I went searching for another one and found a good one from a seller that also had an ER Streamline in the case.

Ron, you were right, there will always be MORE razors to get on my list as razors get crossed off.
View attachment 872875
Oh, I never ends.... CONGRATS!!!

You are a lucky man I do believe, Steve.

I sure am blessed with a great family Ron. Thank you. Tonight I took all the kids to see the Wings at the new arena and we all had fun at the game while giving mom a little time to herself. In the end, it is all about spending time together my friend. Now if only the Wings could win! Oh well, I guess there is always another season.
Steve

This 1910s-20s Scuttle from the main local antique store and this Riverside local Veteran-made shave soap.

This scuttle is my first and took some getting used to. At this point I'm not using it the way it was used a hundred years ago as I do have the convenience of free-flowing hot running water until they raise the rates, but after three shaves I have now been able to keep up lather, brush, and razor warmer than with the bowl alone.

And the soap is a nice, silky smooth, non-vegan tallow-based puck with an orange-oil scent that is reminiscent of the orange groves of Riverside, CA, from where it is produced by a Veteran of the U.S. armed forces. So far, it's the best soap I have ever used and it loads well on the Omega. I'm taking a break from Proraso Red for this one.

scuttle.jpg shave soap.png

I received my last shaving order for awhile (I think?) since I will being buying a new ride very soon and have plenty of shaving stuff to use up! I need to enjoy my current acquisitions for a bit - at least until the Maggard's meet up! Today I received a package from PAA with:

- PAA Avo Nice Shave Artisan Shave Soap & AS Cologne Bundle - Made with Avocado Oil & Chlorophyll
- Planet 9 Crown King Artisan Shave Soap & CK Planet 9 Aftershave Cologne Bundle
- Crown King Vintage Style Art Deco Porcelain Frog Blade Bank

I really like the Planet 9 scent from the shampoo I have been using and have been waiting for the right time to pull the trigger on the bundle and get free shipping. Avo tipped the scale and I could not resist. I knew Planet 9 would smell great, and performance is not even in question, but I was taking a risk with Avo. Although I haven't lather the Avo soap, I can say the scent is fantastic from the puck, and the wife really likes it. It reminds me slightly of a floral scent, but not feminine. I will wait to lather before trying to describe it, but my initial impression is very favorable.
Steve

IMG_9098.jpg

IMG_9099.jpg

IMG_9100.jpg

This 1910s-20s Scuttle from the main local antique store and this Riverside local Veteran-made shave soap.

This scuttle is my first and took some getting used to. At this point I'm not using it the way it was used a hundred years ago as I do have the convenience of free-flowing hot running water until they raise the rates, but after three shaves I have now been able to keep up lather, brush, and razor warmer than with the bowl alone.

And the soap is a nice, silky smooth, non-vegan tallow-based puck with an orange-oil scent that is reminiscent of the orange groves of Riverside, CA, from where it is produced by a Veteran of the U.S. armed forces. So far, it's the best soap I have ever used and it loads well on the Omega. I'm taking a break from Proraso Red for this one.

View attachment 873349 View attachment 873350
Very interesting looking scuttle. Congrats on it and the soap.

I received my last shaving order for awhile (I think?) since I will being buying a new ride very soon and have plenty of shaving stuff to use up! I need to enjoy my current acquisitions for a bit - at least until the Maggard's meet up! Today I received a package from PAA with:

- PAA Avo Nice Shave Artisan Shave Soap & AS Cologne Bundle - Made with Avocado Oil & Chlorophyll
- Planet 9 Crown King Artisan Shave Soap & CK Planet 9 Aftershave Cologne Bundle
- Crown King Vintage Style Art Deco Porcelain Frog Blade Bank

I really like the Planet 9 scent from the shampoo I have been using and have been waiting for the right time to pull the trigger on the bundle and get free shipping. Avo tipped the scale and I could not resist. I knew Planet 9 would smell great, and performance is not even in question, but I was taking a risk with Avo. Although I haven't lather the Avo soap, I can say the scent is fantastic from the puck, and the wife really likes it. It reminds me slightly of a floral scent, but not feminine. I will wait to lather before trying to describe it, but my initial impression is very favorable.
Steve

View attachment 873587
View attachment 873588
View attachment 873589
I'm trying to swear off buying anything for the next few months! BUT I may break down for a couple of items.... The blade bank is cute and good thing it's got a rubber stopper on the bottom.

The blade bank is cute and good thing it's got a rubber stopper on the bottom.
Yeah, I'm a sucker for Deco and got tied of using a Pringles canner the sink! It is fun to round out the gear with some little things. Fed him his first blade today and he didn't complain. I do wonder once he gets more full, how hard it will be to get the old blades out the bottom, but that will take awhile.
Steve

Just in from Hawaii - Hawaiian Shaving Company's latest two aftershaves - 'Alani Pomelo Kinika (Grapefruit Ginger), and Pepamina 'Alani ( Peppermint Orange), and the latest Hawaiian Koa shave brush - Kukuna o ka La (Ray of the Sun). Story of the brush to follow in Shaving Brush section.

DSC02084.JPG

SMALL mail call today...

Gonna be rough to choose what to use for tonight's dome slicking! I think it's going to be Tabac and a Simpson for sure...

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom