What's new

Apparently l a s e r razors aren't quite ready for prime time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you been following the news about the S k a r p laser razor? It was/is supposed to change shaving as we know it, and it raised 4 million on kickstarter, but then got kicked off of kickstarter because apparently they didn't really have a working prototype (a kickstarter requirement), just a proof of concept. (All investors were refunded).

Do you think we'll see laser technology displacing the blade soon, or not at all? Apparently the science behind it isn't total garbage, but on the other hand it may not be able to cut more than one hair at once.

Here are a couple of news articles about it... one says it may be conceivable, but the other says it's garbage. I'm curious if we are looking at at the next big thing in shaving, like the straight razor users were as DE prototypes started showing up, or whether this is a fad and we'll still be blade shaving 100 years from now. They do laser shave on star trek, so I'm little bit hopeful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I had the same thought. But on the other hand, I have to keep a fusion proglide on hand for when speed is of the essence, and a laser shaver would be cheaper and more fun IMO.

Guys we have a problem with this topic as that company is still trying to raise funds through another source after kickstarter. We do not allow any links to products that are not available to purchase at this moment and would appreciate your cooperation with this.
Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom