What's new

Apoxie sculpt

R

Rsq

A product I have come to find invaluable. I am unaffiliated with them, I just got some of their product and love it. It is a firm epoxy putty that mixes up and instantly becomes tacky, but holds its shape like a firm clay. I used it to fill a hollow brush handle last night, and it is also what is anchoring my knot. It has the bonding strength of traditional epoxy if you leave it in contact with the material within 15-20 minutes after you mix it, but by half an hour-45 min it has lost its tack. This is great for some applications, because this is when it performs like a traditional clay. It will harden within 2 hours of mixing, and is as hard as any resin plastic. You can wet it and get a shiny surface, or leave it matte. Once dry, you can sand, drill, etc all you like. I have made one handle just out of this stuff and used it to fill another. Look into it. It's only 40$ for 2 kilos. That's a lot of handles, and if you feel the need to experiment with it before you use it, it's cheap to do.
It's even water soluble until it cures, so cleanup is easy.

One thing about it, it will leave under your fingernails the color of the resin. It comes in a variety of colors, I picked black as it's the most useful to me.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
One thing about it, it will leave under your fingernails the color of the resin. It comes in a variety of colors, I picked black as it's the most useful to me.

When I go digging around in the backyard without gloves (I'm a guy after all :001_tongu), I first scratch my nails along a bar of soap (so much for the manly image :001_unsur). The soap ensures no dirt gets under the fingernails, so cleanup is a breeze. I think the same approach could work here.

link?

nm, found it.
¼lb. for $8.50. How many handles like an Ever-Ready H40 would ¼lb. fill?

Last edited:
Hobby modelers use this stuff in massive quantities.

Similar but perhaps easier to find at brick-and-mortal retail craft stores is a product called Milliput, which is specifically marketed to small scale modellers.

R

Rsq

I got it on amazon
I have 4lbs, which comes in 2 round blocks, maybe 1 L each

I sprang for this over milliput bc it's cheaper per unit

Top Bottom